Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #21
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas Strider:
$50? I sold mine at Gamestop for $100. Just sticking with my PC now and good ol Morrowind.
$100.00 if it works. There is a $50.00 refurbishing fee if it is broken.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:17 AM   #22
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Your Xbox is brought to you from those wonderful folks in Redmond, WA. You know, the same folks that provide you with Windows.

Use the [img]graemlins/fighting.gif[/img] you'll feel better afterwards.
so let me get this straight,
destroy it and donate more money to them by buying another one?
.... actually they loose money on xbox sales,
so yeah, in that case, deffinatly do that.

although you might save more money cleaning the lense yourself, but i doubt that will work, if not take it to an electrical kinda place and ask them what they can do for it, radioshack (as mentioned above) sounds good.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:22 AM   #23
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
The only thing an Xbox is useful for is running Xbox Linux

I've got a cluster of five Xboxes running here -- there is no cheaper supercomputer...
Wow!
how do you connect them together?
and i wouldn't think resoloution would be to great since it is designed for a tv, is it? i mean you can adjust that can't you?
I don't like the idea of chipping it though.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:31 AM   #24
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I complained about it to the friend who gave it to me and he's agreed to come over and clean/fix it for me. If that doesn't work I'll probably just buy a new one.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:42 AM   #25
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I complained about it to the friend who gave it to me and he's agreed to come over and clean/fix it for me.
Dude, ease up! Did he give it to you? As in, free of charge? If so, quit looking a gift horse in the mouth man. Jeeze.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #26
Rokc Cadarn
Banned User

I had this same problem when I bought my used Xbox about a year ago. I tried the cleaning disks and they worked for about a day, then the stupid messages started popping up more frequently then ever. I took the machine back to the store and the owner told me that Microsoft has used three diff. DVD players in the Xboxes -- the older ones have some crappy generic brand that usually fails. He switched out the drive in mine with one of the new drives (Philips I think) and it works great now. You may have to send in your machine to Microsoft to get it replaced. I don't reccommend opening it up yourself because it breaks some labels when you lift up the panel and will void the warranty.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:02 PM   #27
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I complained about it to the friend who gave it to me and he's agreed to come over and clean/fix it for me.
Dude, ease up! Did he give it to you? As in, free of charge? If so, quit looking a gift horse in the mouth man. Jeeze. [/QUOTE]What? It was a broken xbox. Broken. You understand, yes? If it wasn't broken he wouldn't have given it to me. This guy is my best friend, want to know what I told him?

"Dude, the xbox you gave me is driving me f*cking insane."
"lol, now you know the hell I went through. I'll stop by this weekend and see if I can fix it for you."

It's not like I told him "I can't believe you gave me that piece of shite, I demand you fix it!"

Don't attack me, I don't think I really deserved that...
Old 09-02-2004, 07:06 PM   #28
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ok. Sorry dude
Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 PM   #29
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

First off...Hiero, that's no way to address a Lady...

Anyway, what would your friend have done to fix the thing, LB? Has he opened it before????

Is that what you really want to say?