Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The only real scar on this game is the fact it CTD's every 30 minutes, some fights will not end, dialogue is skipped and that Kreia is an annoying old hag. Otherwise I would make babies with it.

I've edited this thread to make it our "Official" KOTOR 2 discussion thread. Spoilers are present! But no major plot twist spoilers without a SPOILER WARNING please!

- Memnoch

[ 02-23-2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had no real problems with the game (with the exception of Kriea being a hag, thats true.)

My problem is I was trying to play a good character, and failed... repeatedly.
Apparently making people give you their money and then commit suicide is evil... Who would have guessed
Old 02-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

You are a true angel shadowhound. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I adore Kreia, a bit later in the game she offers you so much wisdoms and answers the questions you have been pondering about! It is just awesome.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hell I was happy just running around with my double sided lightsaber making people suffer

...and I will have you know that I am firmly on the light side. I just have the occasional, err, slip
Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
Riftmaker
Elminster

I hate Kreia. It's impossible to gain influence with her without being evil. That is retarded!

Despite that fact I always include her in my parties because she's a force user. No other reason.

I'm currently trying to play an LS Guardian -> WM, but for the second time I've gimped up on a quest, and now have to restart >.<

My problems with it are the Swoop Racing being gimped if you choose certain dialogue options, Kreia being a hag and it being impossible to gain influence with her while being LS, and having too few skill points for the amount of ranks / skills you have to invest in. That REALLY pisses me off. Also quests being gimped if you don't do them in a certain order, and various bugs / glitches.

Other than that, it rocks. KOTOR2 to KOTOR is like BG2 to BG. I expect it will win RPG of the year.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

I just ordered KotOR 1&2 for PC online. I had been running around to something like eight or nine gamestores searching for a copy of KotOR 1. I was beginning to believe that the PC version was just an urban legend, or like Santa Claus; something parents tell young roleplayers to make them behave and eat up their vegetables.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Kotor 2 is awesome.

I like the fact that you get to decide if Revan was male, female, good or evil. And that you get to chose your old lightsaber.

As well as the flashback you get to control...

And no, it's possible to get some influence with kreia without gaining dark side points. I'm full light side and I was able to unlock all her discussions. It just took tons of reloads...

I only got one of two bugs.

I get about one crash every 2-3 hours. And once, my character got stuck in a wall while in battle and I had to reload.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I do get lot of bad npc placements. For example a npc being supposed to be in a forcecage but being outside instead, or a character that should be exiting trough a door but the door closing too fast and the character being stuck there until the next cutscene.

I like it as much as Kotor 1.

I have only one complaint, loot is really hard in this game. Being light side I get nearly no cash, and what I do get end up being donated to people for various reasons, so I'm stuck with what I find. So far, about 75% into the game, I got a total of 40 medkit, a couple level 1 and 2 weapon upgrades, and that' about it. my armors suck too.

My characters are using guns I've had since the beginning of the game, and all my melee jedi are using vibroblades... if they are lucky.

Beside the lightsaber I made I found 2 short ones. One is used on my main character, the other get swapped around...

I bet this will be very different in my evil game.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
ratchild
Manshoon

What problems do you seem to be having? I'm getting to my 3rd or 4th planet, and haven't any issues other than the CTD every 10 screen transitions it seems. Kreia i just ignore, her behind my back actions are really starting to bug me a lot I've filled out my party and have light side mastery, and i really like how in this game, it refelcts amongst your party too.

SPOILERS!!!!!

Does anyone know what the hell T3 is up to? all the droids running around my ship doing strange things is starting to bug me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #9
Riftmaker
Elminster

T3 is fixing the Ebon Hawk, eventually he finishes and just wanders around for fun.

How could you possibly be having money problems? Pazaak? Hello?

Not to mention selling all of the crap you don't need.

Don't bash open containers, it breaks stuff. Blow them open with mines or use Security.

Remember you don't need enough gear to outfit EVERYBODY, just keep enough to equip the three people you want to take with you (PC, usually Handmaiden / Disciple for LS, Visas for DS, and Kreia / Atton). Not too terribly hard. Atton is better off with blasters anyway.

You shouldn't need medkits at all. They're useless compared to Heal.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #10
Sythe
Ra

Wow I never knew so many people were on the light! My guy is so evil he pulled a Michael Jackson! Meaning my char was black but as he became more evil, he became more and more pale! Now he is deathly grey kind of pale. And if I really look into his eyes its creepy.