Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 01:48 PM   #1
Evan
Banned User

I want to poll people on what they think is the BEST RPG they ever played.

now as for me i would have to say Zelda CLASSIC you know the very first one.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
Meanal
Dungeon Master

mine would have to be final fantasy 8 first then final fantasy 7 they are the greatest RPGS ever but following thoose is Baldurs gate 2 Shadow Of Amn. By the way final fantsy 9 is crap it is the worst of all the RPGS
Old 02-10-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I kinda get the feeling that this post belongs in in the poll-board... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But I think BG2 is the best RPG ever.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #4
Antagonist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best RPG ever is Baldur's Gate II. Then comes BGI. Nothing can beat those two games.
Archers Nest
Old 02-10-2002, 02:06 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I too loved Zelda when it first came out, I had so much fun with it and I was completely and utterly addicted. That was quite a while ago though, now I would have to say BG II is my favourite [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2002, 02:05 AM   #6
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Final Fantasy 7.
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:59 AM   #7
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Fallout series, definitaly Fallout. Play it people, much better then BG. But that's my humble opinion.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:19 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Sorry, JR, didn't like it; BGII-SoA is the best game ever for me, period. And that covers chess and bridge.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:09 AM   #9
Johan Kahn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Eye of the Beholder for time consuming (time wasting) spent on a game.

SoA is awsome though.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #10
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Johan Kahn:
Eye of the Beholder for time consuming (time wasting) spent on a game.

SoA is awsome though.

LOL, Eye of the Beholder is one of my old school favorites. I think I played it over 12 years ago when I was in middle school. Was one of those games I spent weeks on. I was clicking every damned rock along every wall. Picked up a pocket pamphlet for the pc version since I had the nintendo version back then. I finally had information to some of the D&D npcs. I did spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing FFIII. [img]smile.gif[/img] There was just something about using and finding many economizers with meteors and mimic that tickled my fancy.

But..... I moved on and got a pc years later to play yet another rpg. Wake of the Ravager by DarkSun proved to hold my interest for the time being. Played it on a P90 back then. My favorite thing about it was that I absolutely knew nothing of the game. Didn't even know how to search the internet for help. I think I ran thru that game only to get stuck halfway and lost the cd. I tried hitting all the stores for it but found out it was obsolete. Had it overseas for a price I didn't wanna pay.

That game from what I recollect had a praying mantis with 6 arms as a character you could have in your party. I had a huge barbarian.
BGII reminds me much of the way that game was.

I'd have to say it's a tie: Eye of the Beholder, FFIII, Wake of the Ravager, and now BGII.