Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2002, 10:01 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yesterday I went to see Episode 2, but I am not going to talk abpout that in this thread but before it started they showed a trailer for a war movie with Nicholas Cage called Windwalker or something like that, and during the whole trailer they played the "Barbarian Horde" score from the movie Gladiator. I have the cd and it was thefirst thing I noticed about the trailer, and disturbed me very much. And I have noticed this at leat 2 other times, in Chain Reaction with Morgan Freeman and Keeanu Reeves they use a part of the score from Aliens (2) when Ripley is rescueing the Marines and in the movie The Others they play a score that I can't name but I have heard im another movie.

I think this is incredibly lame, just because a music score is good doesn't mean it works in another movie. Just one more proof that movies are getting worse.

Has anyone noticed some more.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #2
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

well look at how often carl orfs O Fortuna is used in trailers for action movies.they do it because they know the music will get an emotional response to the trailer.it probably won't be in the movie itself.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
gaunty
The Magister

"well" think of it this way. the demicrat's and the clintin administration created a phraise "generation X". that's the children now today who are between 20-35. think.. when we gen-X's get into our
40's there will not be any kind of orcastra, or ballay. that stuff will be covered over with never ending renditions af ally-mcbeel, the simpsons, and friends. the broudway seen will be gone, and the junk the prime time line up that is being made today, will completely replace it.

you will just have to get usest to the recycled movie sound tracks, as the 50's and 60's gen. die away, so will the out dated taists
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
during the whole trailer they played the "Barbarian Horde" score from the movie Gladiator.
Well considering the music for the first battle in Gladiator was completely ripped off from Holst's Mars, I wouldn't feel too much righteous anger for them
Old 05-21-2002, 03:29 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Well considering the music for the first battle in Gladiator was completely ripped off from Holst's Mars, I wouldn't feel too much righteous anger for them [/QB]
Well its not anger, more like surprise and disapointment that for a big movie they would reuse a score from another big movie... like noone would notice...
And I had no idea about that Holst piece... I better check it out... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:41 AM   #6
lroyo

I've heard the same music in many trailers. This does not always mean the music will be in the movie as well. I do agree though, it is annoying!