Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-06-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well? Try not to be too spoilerish. What's the feel like?

[ 12-06-2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Like hanging out with NWN's big brother [img]smile.gif[/img] .

All in all it looks great. I'm still playing the OC so haven't seen everything but I am far from dissapointed. There are tons of new feats and spells, new vfx's and conditions. The creatures look great as do the new robes. The OC itself is enjoyable and even features Bio's interpretation of EFU. The prestige classes rock (I'm sorry but they really do) and the epic levels are just plain great.
Everything has been given a graphics upgrade - I noticed it immediately and It's not just in the new tilesets or creatures, the engine has been upped (pixel-wise) and the old tilesets look crisper (agreed anyone?).

If you have any specific questions do ask but I'd say go get it asap.

[ 12-06-2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-06-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

Light Bulb

don't forget the new camera angles, so you can ride on the floor, your char's shoulder or up high if you want. or any of those and backed waaaaay out behind too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

what about SKIES? wonderful blazing skies at day, deep black at night. and they didn't forget your pals either. henchmen are more responsive, allowing you to go thru several conversations of options for them.

i've spent a lotta time making chars for HotU. trying out all kinds of builds, but ended up bringing my rogue/assassin over. and she's loving it! i went back into SoU and kept punching the buttons to get my camera where i wanted until ... Oh yeah! *slaps forehead* that's only in HotU! heehee. silly me. same thing with my henchies. i kept trying to give deekins a series of things i wanted him to do and of course, he only would do the last thing you ask of him.

there's new heads for your chars too and some gorgeous robes. plus the feats... i discovered my rogue can craft armor and weapons! YES!! the merchants sell dyes for your armor and clothes. how cool is that? wanna wear all black? you can!

so many teensy things too. like roleplaying. *giggles* okay. not so teensy. but now you can really double cross and triple cross. or you can pretend to double cross and not do it. char alignment deepens and becomes more meaningful for those who take the time to think things thru and play characters against each other. i just love this aspect of the XP. i felt i got a taste of it in SoU, but in HotU, i am really just eating it up.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

/EDIT

i agree Spirit Warrior. gfx upgrade is VERY noticeable. like it's been thru the fountain of youth.

[ 12-06-2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Along with everything mentioned in the last two posts:

Super-uber-fantabulous!!!! Awesome, great, superb, incredible, fantastic!!!

Worth more than the $30 I paid for and I am still in chapter one and havent even flexed any module crafting skills with the new additions yet, though I did fire up the toolset and check it all out of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:10 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

It looks great! Haven't played too much yet as I got it yesterday and have to do lots of homework today

Good thing is it runs great so far on my TNT 2 32MB and 733MHz processor [img]smile.gif[/img] No more drops in frame rate than in NWN or SoU.

Cinematics are really cool. I love my red dragon wings. The story really captured me and there's lot of action from the start. Graphics look better than in NWN and SoU. I tried some of the new monsters in the toolset and the new tilesets, they look great!

wish I had more time to play today
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:58 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
don't forget the new camera angles, so you can ride on the floor, your char's shoulder or up high if you want. or any of those and backed waaaaay out behind too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

what about SKIES? wonderful blazing skies at day, deep black at night. and they didn't forget your pals either. henchmen are more responsive, allowing you to go thru several conversations of options for them.

i've spent a lotta time making chars for HotU. trying out all kinds of builds, but ended up bringing my rogue/assassin over. and she's loving it! i went back into SoU and kept punching the buttons to get my camera where i wanted until ... Oh yeah! *slaps forehead* that's only in HotU! heehee. silly me. same thing with my henchies. i kept trying to give deekins a series of things i wanted him to do and of course, he only would do the last thing you ask of him.

there's new heads for your chars too and some gorgeous robes. plus the feats... i discovered my rogue can craft armor and weapons! YES!! the merchants sell dyes for your armor and clothes. how cool is that? wanna wear all black? you can!

so many teensy things too. like roleplaying. *giggles* okay. not so teensy. but now you can really double cross and triple cross. or you can pretend to double cross and not do it. char alignment deepens and becomes more meaningful for those who take the time to think things thru and play characters against each other. i just love this aspect of the XP. i felt i got a taste of it in SoU, but in HotU, i am really just eating it up.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

/EDIT

i agree Spirit Warrior. gfx upgrade is VERY noticeable. like it's been thru the fountain of youth.
This all sounds brilliant, V. Sounds like more customization available, as well as giving NPCs more depth, which is EXCELLENT. Can't wait to get it.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:26 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Momenoch, remember when you posted the instructions for making the camera angle open so we could have more angle, by messing in the ini folder? Well...with what has been said above...am I supposed to reenable what I mesed with to take advantage of the new options?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Momenoch, remember when you posted the instructions for making the camera angle open so we could have more angle, by messing in the ini folder? Well...with what has been said above...am I supposed to reenable what I mesed with to take advantage of the new options?
The camera angle thing is done by using the debug console, which is activated in the .ini file. I would assume that the HotU would update your ini file, which should mean you shouldn't have to do anything. But don't take my word for it, I haven't even got the game yet, it should hopefully be available in Sydney this week...

Old 12-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
It looks great! Haven't played too much yet as I got it yesterday and have to do lots of homework today

Good thing is it runs great so far on my TNT 2 32MB and 733MHz processor [img]smile.gif[/img] No more drops in frame rate than in NWN or SoU.

Cinematics are really cool. I love my red dragon wings. The story really captured me and there's lot of action from the start. Graphics look better than in NWN and SoU. I tried some of the new monsters in the toolset and the new tilesets, they look great!

wish I had more time to play today
Is the TNT the same as the geforce 2 or better? Just wondering.

P.S. The zoom modification already done for ya in HOTU.

[ 12-07-2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

The TNT2 is the generation before the original Geforce. Its an OK card, but you will need a good CPU to drive NWN without hardware T&L and all that stuff.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote