Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default DC fest in 25 man..

I need a second opinion. Like badly.

Backstory - Tonight we attempted 25 man sartharion and 25 man archavon. Before we start to fight, everything is ok. But when we start to fight the mobs. I dc immediately from the game, I couldn't get back into the game until the mobs have died and people stop fighting.

I lowered every graphic settings, I even disable every addons I have. The problem still persists. During the fight with Sartarion. I will dc at start of the fight, I try to log back in but will dc again and again. I can only get back into the game after sartarion has died and nobody is fighting.

Same story with archavon. I will dc whenever we start to fight a mob. I will dc when we fight the boss and will continue to dc whenever I tried to log back in during the fight with the boss. I can only log back in after the boss died and nobody fight anymore.

I talked to some people, one said that my computer is too old and perhaps that's what making the problem. However what do you think? Do I need to buy a new computer? i don't want to be in the position where I bought a new computer but still have dc fest in 25 man raids.

My Computer (3 ~ 4 years old already)
Amd Athlon
Radeon x700
1 gig ram
Winxp
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: DC fest in 25 man..

This could be many issues. My PC is considered a beast as far as WoW goes, yet I would routinely get DC'ed in the BT instance. Only in this instance, and it would then lock me out unable to log in until my character "logged out". I eventually fixed the issue which was a graphical setting.

You'd need to provide more info. People may throw a ton of possible explanations at you, but really you can't be sure unless you explore all of them. Is this boss fights only? Instances only? Are there any bosses you can be present for?

Going on what you mentioned already, I am inclined to look at the graphics card firstly, since this is when all the VFX and spell effects are firing off. Since you cannot get back in until the fight is over, I would guess at spell effects taxing your system and forcing a disconnect.

But this leads me to ask what kind of DC is it? Does it log you out to the sign-in screen or does it freeze up? Usually, graphics issues won't eject you, they'll either create artifacts or freeze up the application. But, WoW does have some kind of failsafe script running when it encounters an error, which can at times boot the user to the main login.

If it logs you to the sign-in screen, then I would look at your mods. Try a boss fight (as hard as it may be) without any mods running at all. Everything disabled. It could be something as simple as a dps meter tripping your PC as it struggles to record damage from 25 people. Or threat meters even.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'd add that there's also that issue with Comcast DCing people, you're not with them or a division of them are you?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Is this boss fights only? Instances only?
DC will happen whenever we start to fight a mob/boss in 25 man.

Quote:
Are there any bosses you can be present for?
Last night we attempted sartarion and archavon

Quote:
But this leads me to ask what kind of DC is it? Does it log you out to the sign-in screen or does it freeze up?
It will straight away kick me out of the game and into the log in screen, saying "you have been disconnected from the game"

Quote:
If it logs you to the sign-in screen, then I would look at your mods. Try a boss fight (as hard as it may be) without any mods running at all. Everything disabled. It could be something as simple as a dps meter tripping your PC as it struggles to record damage from 25 people. Or threat meters even.
Even with every single mods disabled, the problem pesists.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I'd add that there's also that issue with Comcast DCing people, you're not with them or a division of them are you?
What is comcast?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Interesting, looks like I'm not the only one.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Some of them have newer computers (4 months old) and are having dc fest on 25 man raids.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

This is prolly what it is. My issue was actually on their side too, and it usually happens when the xpansions are kinda new. Just do what you can while they fix it, I guess.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ok, this problem is now effecting 10 man also. I think my computer has fried.

I've ordered a new computer, let's hope that fixes the problem. If not then bye bye wow.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I mean, if its a bug it will be tracked down and fixed eventually (with mine I just took about 2 weeks off raiding). If it is your comp then a new one surely will fix it.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Irrespective of what the cause is, get yourself a new computer Kak. It's too old I reckon.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote