Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
Marcell
Dungeon Master

I have been playing D&D recently, I realy like it, it also helps me understand the "background" rules in games like BG and ID, though I see things that are not similar. This got my attention and now im highly curious about the background rules in BG/ID, is there a place on the internet that gives the rules of these games in detail ? if so please post a link here.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:00 AM   #2
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Because the rules "in detail" are the way WOTC makes its money...selling rulebooks and such...free comprehensive lists are hard to come by and likely illegal if you find them. The current D&D PHB runs from 16 to 20 bucks depending on where you get it. Its a minimal investment, and tells you everything you need to know to get started(BG is based on 2nd edition rules, which youd probably be able to find in a used bookstore). Aside from that, you could probably find bits and peices of the rules with some dilligent searching online. You could also download the core rules software from the Wotc site (not free). Best of luck...BG is fun when your on your own, but nothing beats a well run tabletop campaign with your friends.

Chev
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:36 AM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Got to Gamesfaq (www.gamesfaq.com) and search there for Baldurs Gate. If you then select FAQs, there is one called AD&D- Rules FAQ. This are not the complete rules, but they give a good insight on the gamemechanics. Sorry that I don't provide the direct link to the file, but Gamesfaq doesn't allow direct linking to a file in their database.

BTW, if you are able to get the 2nd Ed. AD&D rules, be aware, that Bioware changed some rules and spells slightly. Especially in BG2 there are some concepts from the 3rd Ed. rules included, like the sorceror or the babarian.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 08:14 AM   #4
Marcell
Dungeon Master

Thanks for this valuable information =)