Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Completed TOB few weeks back and just thought that TOB was a little naff. I liked having the extra abllities in SOA but once I began TOB is soon became tedious. It lacked the depth that SOA had and was far too short. Also there is a distinct lack of shops to sell all the items you collect on your journeys. I was forced to dump alot of it due to sheer volume even with the bag of holding, AND gem,scroll and arrow bags.

Just started IWD2 and its not too bad although going from a 30th level barbarian to a level 1 group is not easy.

I just seem to get the impression TOB was quickly thrown together.

Anyone else agree?

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I don't like the transition from SoA to ToB. You should be able to actually have Ellisime tell you to go to the Secret Grove, then travel there. I also think you should be able to go back to Suldanesselar, as a place to get supplies etc.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

There are a few MODs that make ToB more enjoyable though ...
The two MODs I currently run are Ascension and Redemption.
These two work together and make for a better, more complete storyline as well as involving Irenicus in the final fight [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd recommend them to anyone, although I dont see Ascension as a MOD really.
Ascension is more of a patch to make ToB more like what the programmers wanted it to be ( made by one of the designers ).
Old 02-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Is there a site that says what the two mods actually do? I might download them.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

Ascension
Ascension Readme
Redemption, just scroll down for the story or downlaod and view the readme
Old 02-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

The problem with expansion packs is that the programmers have to make them before the game is so old that people have erased it from their Hard Drives. Therefore a lot of expansion packs have indeed been rushed.

ToB was disappointing, mainly because of the great items and a limited amount of enemies to try them on. Watcher's Keep was fun, but I don't really enjoy playing through it as much as I did the first time. In fact, it becomes a bit a chore.

I would've liked to beenble to test my mettle against similar parties to mine, to see how I measured up, as well.

I strongly recommend Ascension for a much better and tougher ending. I have not played Redemption yet so I can't comment on that.