Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Question about Prince of Persia II - The shadow and the flame

I am running Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame off of DosBox. I read on another site there are cheat codes for the game, but to turn them on, the player needs to enter a code of some sort: YIPPEEYAHOO. How do I enter the code? I am using DosBox, but am not terribly familiar with how everything works. The way my computer is set up is that I have shortcuts on my desktop that transfer me directly into the game. Can anyone tell me how to use the code: YIPPEEYAHOO?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Question about Prince of Persia II - The shadow and the flame

Cheat codes can be entered as parameters in the program or inserted into a config file.
Check if it has an Ini configuration file.
Parameters would be entered at the Command Prompt as: (program name) YIPPEEYAHOO

Check the site you mentioned to see exactly how the codes are used.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Are you using direct shortcuts, or ones that make use of DOSBox?

If direct, you can right click on shortcut, and in "Target" add the parameters. If it's DOSBox, you'll need to find the config file and change it there.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions and I'll post a step by step (if you do, please mention what Windows version you're using).
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Gavindale
The Magister

I am using DosBox, on Windows XP - the reason I have not progressed to Windows 7 or 8 is because all the games I play are all available on XP, not 7 or 8.
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

OK then. Right click on the shortcut, click properties, and check what's under "Target". Should be something like:

"[...Path...]\dosbox.exe" -conf xxxxxxx.conf

where xxxxxxx.conf is the name of the config file, located in the same folder as dosbox.exe where you installed the game.

Could you use notepad to open the conf file, scroll down to the very bottom, and you should see an [Autorun] part.

Post the contents here and I'll help you add the parameter, unless you can figure out how to do it yourself.