Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Default So, What do you think?

Well guys, hows WotLK?

Ulte is doing well, nearly 76 atm.

Done both starter zones, with every quest, and now nearly done with Dragonblight.

Loving the zones, by far the best. Instance boss fights are awesome, and so are the quests.

Loving it atm.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: So, What do you think?

I'm at 71 atm but haven't played much, got my DK up to 62. So far I've only done Nexus on Scab but it's all good. I did get Scab to 74 in beta and it was awesome.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: So, What do you think?

I'll assume no one else is replying as they are all playing

I gotta say, Blizzard haver certainly nailed this expansion, i'm not sure what makes it different from BC, but they have made it a hell of a lot more fun.

I can't put my finger on it, but i'm having a ball. (Apart from the 1900 Queues)
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: So, What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
I'll assume no one else is replying as they are all playing

I gotta say, Blizzard haver certainly nailed this expansion, i'm not sure what makes it different from BC, but they have made it a hell of a lot more fun.

I can't put my finger on it, but i'm having a ball. (Apart from the 1900 Queues)
More emphasis on actual game immersion and not on game difficulty.

Natch.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'm tempted to buy WOTLK and give it a bash at weekends. Still always wanted a warrior but I gave up levelling him at 25 I think.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post

They put all the things you need for quests within spitting distance of the quest givers. They don't have quests sending you from zone to zone back and forth all the time -- horde players who leveled in the old game detest Tauren Mill for this. Most everything is soloable.

In short, they made it easy as shit. It's real purdy, though, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I just hit 74, I've had to work some this weekend. Moving slower than other raiders, but finished Fjord and wrapping up Borean.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Level 79 atm.

Now, yes it does seem easy, but I'm most impressed with the visual looks, and the boss fights. They're fun atm.

And btw, Ive only done Halls of Lightning and the Occulus as level 80 dungeons (did at 78), but they're aren't easy easy.

Some of the bosses are quite tricky. Maybe just because we didn't know what to do though.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

79 have you slept??? I'm 72 right now but since it's weekdays I won't be playing much till Friday.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ding 80! First one on the guild and right before the tuesday maintenance. Booyaa!

Since I love winterspring. I absolutely love wotlk. I love snowy places. The only place I don't like in wotlk is Zul Drak. Somehow this game reminds me of Oblivion. Icecrown buidlings reminds me of Mordor in lotr.

I've quested all the places except for icecrown. I've been to the first two dungeons at Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. I've trained leatherworking up to 410 and enchanting up to 405. Will do the rest after maintenance.

Since I'm 80 now, I've to research some of the 80's rogue mechanics. From lv76 onwards, I noticed that my miss rate is getting higher and higher. Problem is that not many of the upgrades I see have any hit ratings in it. Last I checked, people in elitist jerk put value in agi>ap>cri>hit, I hope this value changes because the miss rate is frankly ridiculous.

Q : Does Naxxramas have any attunement quest?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Man you guys are insane did you sleep at all?? Take time off work?

That said, I think we have about 15 level 80 allies now. First one dinged on Saturday I think.