Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #41
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
I live in Sysmä, Finland. Finland is in northern europe, between Russia and Sweden. If you can't find russia from a world map, that's your own problem.
If someone doesn't know where Finland without looking at a map, then they have a problem!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #42
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Sir G, Mineapolis am I right? I've not looked it up, so I daint know. Plus the spelling is probably really wrong lol.

And football (to you guys soccer), is the greatest sport going (I also like NHL)......

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
I can see you've never been to a Footballmatch in the Netherlands, over the last decade there have been more riots, arrests, casulaties, and damage than in England. You guys play without fences in the stadiums, try that here, and people will die.

Also, it's much safer in and around an English footballstadium than in and around a Greek one, those are like a warzone.

And ask around in Leeds how lame European riots were last time they went to Galatasaray. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #43
Lavindathar
Harper

Agreed, Greece and Turkey are very bad.

Never heard of any trouble in Holland...

The leeds turkish incident was terrible though!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #44
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Nope, not with the SS today.

Paladin2000, my dad lives in Thailand. Not much relevance to this, but it's in Asia!
You are getting warmer. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Some people would prefer to remain anonymous because of several reasons. Mine are as below:

1. Sometimes I post in this board while at work. The less I reveal about myself, the less likely that I will be harassed by the IT department. Or my boss.

2. Some countries are not "open" to discussions about certain views concerning social, racial or politics. It would be better that no one knows who I am or where I am from so that I could partake in discussions about almost everything without to worry about such things.

3. Does it really matters where I actually came from? As long as I am well bahaved and try to be as friendly to as many members as I can, it does not really matter if I came from anywhere, heaven or hell.

4. Could have lied about my country of origin, but I don't see any point in doing so. If I lied, you couldn't have known about it too. Does not seems to be an important issue to me both ways.

5. Maybe I am not too proud of my country. But then, maybe not. Your guess is as good as mine
Old 06-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #45
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
For people with vague location tags, i.e - Legolas, where are you guys really from?

I'm just interested to know....
I don't think mine could be any less obscure [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But just in case: I'm not in a cell.

So there.

Yay! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #46
Lavindathar
Harper

The only valid point there, is number 2.

The rest, I just can't see where your coming from. No it doesn't matter, but it doesn't hurt to tell anyone.

1. You post on this board, while at work. Just cos you tell us where you are from, you are still posting on this board.

2. Good point

3. No, but it's stupid not to say.

4. You could have, but you know if you did you'd feel stupid and pointless inside.

5. Also stupid, everyone should be proud of where they are from.

Re: 2.

My Dad lives in Thailand, so I understand all social/cultural/religious aspects, as well as my own English views. They don't interfere with each other, so even if we knew you were say a Thai Budhist, it would have no effect on what you asy/how people view you.

Finally, it doesn't matter because I already know your malaysian.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #47
Jorath Calar
Harper

Selfoss, Iceland... it's a small town (all towns here are small) east of the capital, Reykjavik

Look it up... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #48
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Lavindathar,

We each have our own point of view and reasons. Posting something like what you did in #2 and #5 is totally uncalled for.

If this is how you are trying to get people to open to you then it is tactless and undiplomatic.

So long and good day to you.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #49
Grojlach
Zartan

Mine isn't vague, it's just pretentious.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #50
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Lavindathar,

We each have our own point of view and reasons. Posting something like what you did in #2 and #5 is totally uncalled for.

If this is how you are trying to get people to open to you then it is tactless and undiplomatic.

So long and good day to you.
You've really confused me now.

In #2, I said "good point".

In #5, I believe everyone should be proud of where they come from. It's called patriotism.

No idea what your going on about, as I didn't say anything offensive. So, if I caused offence, I apologise. If not, please grow up? This is a mature board, and "so long and good days" just sound kinda childish ok?