Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

We have formed the retired soldiers against hoodlumz squad. We have map, aerial, and satellite reconed our properties, and have completed our terrain analysis. We have found an area of interest to both where the subdivision can be exited and our properties entered under limited visibility.

We have constructed our COA, and are now ready to move forward with our deliberate attack/ambush. With the weather being wintery like, their has been no recent movement from the enemy. We have taken this opportunity to do a walk about of the said area, and do some LOS observations.

Using the Eastern woodline for the initial strike, we can lay in suppressive fire at a range of about 20M. The Gauntlet can then form from the Western side at "Point Blank" range. We can then encase the entire enemy by shifting the rear guard up from the South, at an initial range of 35M, closing into point blank.

We have night skills! We have patience! We have discipline! We have been provoked!

Have conversed with many on the application of thess "fun" guns. A well known manufacturer has produced a new item. I ask of thee with the knowledge to please comment on this brand, item, and new source of propellant.

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guid...?categoryid=4#

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I'm betting you're having the best fun you boys have had in ages, right? [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep it up, and keep us informed [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Wow, you guys are going hardcore with all this it seems. Have fun with it.

Tippman is an extremely reliable brand, and this is the first I've heard of this new gun. If you're looking for something with a high rate of fire, I'd recommend something else though. This is also the first time I've heard of using propane as the propellent. Since it's colder weather, I'd recommend using compressed air. It's a lot easier on your gun in the cold than C02 is. Sorry I couldn't provide a lot of detailed info. Maybe try checking out some of the paintball websites out there?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I've started a Paintball team in Gladwin,MI. We're called the Gladwin Destroyers.We mostly do woodsball but sometimes we do tournyball and recball.
www.specialopspaintball.com

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Man... it sounds like you boys are going to be having a lot of fun, Felix... I sure hope you record the events for posterity (although not for evidence). Do be sure to share with us, won't you?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Brand: Excellent. Reliable as a tank, I've had a marker for 3 years, just buy a new barrel, or you wont' be able to hit the broadside of a barn.
Marker(gun): New model, sounds neat, but I'd go for an A5 if you want the maximum BPS. EDIT: Its a pump action. Stay the hell away.
Method of Proppelant: First I've heard of propane. I'd stick to traditional methods before using it, hear what others who've fieldtested it (NOT tippmann guys) have to say.

[ 02-20-2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Propane is great for very cold weather because
it displaces water and you don't have the freeze
up problems you get with compressed air. Even Better
is MAP Gas. It works great infact better than CO2,
compressed air or propane because its an inert gas
(non-flamable)and displaces water. The best propellent
I have found is Argon Gas. also an Inert gas but can
last longer in the same container. In other words you
can shoot about 20% more rounds useing it. Argon can
be bought at most welding stores its used for MIG & TIG
welding and it will also add a good 10 feet to each shot.
The PB team I use to play with used it all the time and
the other teams never could figure out how we could out
range them and still have the balls hit so hard HE HE HA!!

OH and Argon is totally orderless so everybody thinks
your just useing compressed air. After you squeggy just pop
off the ammo and shoot a blast of air (only) through the
gun then pop the the ammo back on and keep fireing and your
weapon will shoot farther and faster.

[ 02-20-2006, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 02-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Propane has come along way since being used as a weapons simulator. There are propane powered nail guns and other power tools currently on or coming into the market that are performing as advertised. Correct, never believe only the manufactureres sales hype.
Quote:
Sir Degrader:
EDIT: Its a pump action. Stay the hell away.

Yes, it's a pump action. What would make that an issue? Please feel free to clue me in on this. I'm very comfortable using a pump action weapon.

I don't think BPS is the issue, shot placement and ammo conservation is completely instilled with us. But I also understand paint ball is a different class as well. I'll take another bone here as well please.

Thanks for the feeback to date, please add more where needed.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I'm a player of paintball, so based on my experiences, it DRASTICALLY slows down rates of fire, and potential speed. As opposed to a semi automatic, the rate of fire is reduced, not allowing for the quick speed. In addition, it isn't just one pump. From what I've seen and experienced, a pump action paintball marker is like a BB gun, not a shotgun.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

I have two tippmans... they're very well made markers. My (custom 98/reactive trigger/cyclone feeder) marker cost me less that 350 and is at least as reliable as full auto units costing 500+. Propane looks interesting but with pump action I'd guess you're looking at a pretty limited rate of fire, if you're cool with that then I don't believe you'll find anything to complain about with a tippman
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote