Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ya, I know you tuned in find out the secrets of life. Yorick and I solved that one, piece of cake.
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS or HEART BREAKERS
sorry about the "may contain" in the topic after I got into the below piss and moan, being a low-brow frighter I clicked submit now without changing the topic.

On to the important things.
At the tree of life(damn it had to creep in there didn't It) why do we have to stop to let that ungratful elf queen have a little talk with Jon I? Why does my party have to move to those ridiculous positions 10-15ft away? Then they stop and talk to Jon. Why in the nine planes of hell would my character want to give Jon a chance to say anything? I mean didn't Jon just steal his soul? kidnap his baby sister(a death offense by it's self)? Now I got stop and listen to the slimey bastard? And give him a chance to regain his strength?Come on to much movie diologe. The first time I was there I killed two of the spap-suckers then positioned my char. (Crom Faeyr) and Keldorn (Crymr) right there with Jon and they went to wailling on him.(I know no damage) The other four in the party took out the guardians, then left Aerie with the last spap-sucker.Now I got four Tanks and Imo wailing on Jon. After all he is suppose to be at his weakest when we get rid of the spap-suckers,right? Aerie then kills last spap, and WHAM BANG my party is in new postions picking their noses and studing each others navels. While Queeney talks to Jon , her long lost bo, I mean didn't we just save her pointed eared rear end, her city, her people, her world? Give me a break. Like the little boy said in the "last action hero" only movie vilains are stupid enough to waist time talking (pariphrased by me). Swords not words. It doesn't matter how easily we slaughter that , baby sister kidnaping, soul stealing, tratorious elf , sack of horse manure, Jon there. We are still gonna get sucked in to hell. Same type of thing irrated me in IWD at the end you gotta talk to the puke, and no matter how fast you are they still get the first shot off as soon as you hit the continue button.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 03-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 03-30-2001).]
Old 03-30-2001, 07:24 PM   #2
Lord Shield

Possible Spoiler
>
>
>
Script/Plot immunity is pathetic when the context suggests instant hostilities. I was cheesed off with the bit at the end, where you let him power up and summon 4 big 'uns before you shift your ass!

Old 03-30-2001, 08:10 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah! You said it friends! Totally unfair advantage to Jon Irenicus on all accounts. The only reason for it that I can think of is that he would be easy meat if he wasn't given all the breaks! Like Bodhi. Each time you almost killed her, off she'd scuttle with her tail between her legs, but when you finally cornered her she was a pushover. Jon wouldn't stand a chance without his big pals!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!
Fljotsdale
Old 03-30-2001, 09:06 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Maybe yon heroes be the very Titans and Avatars that
be the scourge of such devils of myth,
Such Legends surely brim so with confidence that they
care not what distance the villian stands,
their hatred, their love,
this shall destroy all enemies that lie upon their path...
Old 03-31-2001, 08:01 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Heh! When my berserker got in, he didn't stand a chance WITH his big pals. Slaughtered the lot in no time

Old 03-31-2001, 08:09 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Irenicus may summon whatever he want, i can use the extra exp and he will lose anyway.
Old 03-31-2001, 08:10 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Loving the Rapier John many thanks Good topic BTW. Yes it irritated me too.

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-31-2001, 08:38 AM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I think the movie bits were to answer some questions : the whole romance recreation thing in irenicus' dungeon for a start. If you played through the game without any of the talking bits because you just rush in and kill them, you lose all the sense of story, which of course is what the game is all about.

------------------

Jerome, Arch Nemisis of the OHF
Old 03-31-2001, 10:50 AM   #9
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I agree that the movies and dialog are nessasary for the story line. it's just irratting that the queen tells you Jon going to be at his weakest after you kill the parsites. Setting up the whole idea that there will be a confrontation, then you have to stop and listen to the dialog. It seem to me that you could kill Jon then have the queen explain his fall from grace after, and inform you that your soul has been not returned to you. Then maybe she would help you, for the lack of a better term "Go to Hell" to retrive your soul.Just a thunk
Old 04-01-2001, 08:45 PM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

Possibly. At least, by hearing the words from Irenicus himself, you see what motivated him, and you understand - if not actually sympathise with - why he did what he did. Knowing that satisfied me, somewhat. I hate loose ends.

Tancred

"...My brother has left me to ‘take care’ of you, and by this he means kill you. But my brother can be a little paranoid for his own good... I feel if you had the chance to know him better, you would find him a fascinating man."

Bodhi