Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
Zhakrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've just gained the Slayer change ability with my fighter, but I havn't a clue as to what it does aside from making my fighter look a helluva lot cooler. Could someone tellme what makes it worth the reputation decrease:2? Thanx
Old 09-23-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
dulouz
Manshoon

Take a look at your stats after you change. Some of them go through the roof. This can save you in some tough situations, atleast it did for me. The reputation decrease was a pain, but i don't think i changed into the Slayer more than 2 or 3 times, and it is never neccesary, although in one instance later in the game i thought it was. But apparently there are work arounds. This involves certain mind flayers, but thats all i'll say.

also, you will find out that you cannot stay in the Slayer form indefinately.
Old 09-24-2001, 04:01 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

I haven't changed into the Slayer at all, except when you are changed automatically twice.. My Char is sooooo powerful, he doesn't even need the Slayer

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-24-2001, 04:39 AM   #4
Skunk
Banned User

Personally, I don't think that it's worth the loss of reputation... You can always do without mutating into the slayer...
Old 09-24-2001, 06:06 PM   #5
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:
Personally, I don't think that it's worth the loss of reputation... You can always do without mutating into the slayer...
Im running a paladin character with Edwin, Korgan and Viconia in the party so I have to change into the slayer every so often to keep the party reputation down. If it gets too high, their complaints are really irritating and I like the combination. Its a bore, really. Free slaves, change into slayer. Do good, change into slayer.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:25 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Terence The Unspecial:
Im running a paladin character with Edwin, Korgan and Viconia in the party so I have to change into the slayer every so often to keep the party reputation down. If it gets too high, their complaints are really irritating and I like the combination. Its a bore, really. Free slaves, change into slayer. Do good, change into slayer.
lol. scaring the crap out of them to keep them in line. great idea.