Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

so cheap in fact that it's free. i wish i hadn't been so lazy and learned scripting sooner. i'm posting this here for all those that would like it without learning how to script. it's made my AI on battles much easier.

---

This script will make the character attack the nearest non-panicked enemy within 60 spaces UNLESS one of the following is going on:

casting a spell, turning undead, hidden or otherwise invisible, playing a bard song

If the character is poisoned and has a potion of antidote he will drink it.

If the character's hit points go below half his maximum, he will drink a potion of superior or extra healing (if he has one).

---

so now your cleric can turn undead and not go wading into the melee, your thief or mage or ranger or whoever is invisible won't stupidly reveal himself, your bard will sing while everyone else fights, etc. and you don't have to keep the potions in quickslots.

never seen a post like this before so i hope it's appropriate. after my search for custom scripts came up empty i figured i couldn't possibly be the only one that would find this useful.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Soundz good! Where can I get it?
Old 01-23-2002, 06:45 PM   #3
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Amergin,

Where are you going to make your script available?
Old 01-24-2002, 02:54 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i don't know .

if you trust me you can just email me and i'll send it. if a whole ton of people want it maybe someone could put it up for download somewhere because i am html-illiterate.

for now, email me

phordicus@hotmail.com

and put SCRIPT in the subject or it will get filtered out.

p.s. the things i didnt want interupted are based on my own playing style. if you have one or two other things you want in it, say so in the email and i'll try to accomodate.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
Erydian
Manshoon

I can probably host the file if needed. I'm far more HTML literate than I am BGscript-literate. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just let me know.