Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Well, I made it to the Asylum and I suppose Yoshimo knew he would be leaving as soon as I got Imoen...so the bum betrayed me (I thought the directors voice was familiar...I just thought it was to cut down on the number of people to do voices!!! LOL). Unfortunately, in my confusion/irritation I did not go back to my last quick save to take his things and quick saved b/f attacking Bhaal. I had planned on giving much of what he had to Imoen. Do I find him again along the way (he had a sweet short bow that allowed 3 shots per round as well as some other magic items)? Sadly, the last hard save I have is PRIOR to going after Bodhi and her band. I am considering going back to my last hard save just to rearrange my party some. I currently have myself (fighter), Minsc, Jaheira, Airee, Anomen and the traitor. I wish to keep Minsc, Jaheira and Airee, but am considering going with someone else other than Anomen. I am probably not using him as effectively as I could, but I just don't care much for him. I have thought of checking out Valygar. I also thought of Keldorn, but I am not sure if I can or where I would find him since I didn't take him when I went after the Unseeing Eye cult. Can he be found again?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Peace.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

Don't worry. You'll be seeing him again.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
Don't worry. You'll be seeing him again.

EDIT: Oh, and don't worry about finding him. He'll "find" you.

Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

A nice short answer: Yes, you'll meet him again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Beat me to it Magness! So to make my post more useful I'll answer the second question - you can find Keldorn again at the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. He'll be in a room on the far side of the main hall.

[ 02-03-2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Thanks to both of you. I have been playing with my son and this happened after he went to bed. Needless to say, he was rather upset and couldn't understand why he would betray us.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Wow, so cool playing a computer game like this with your son! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If it's any comfort, his betrayal will be explained in more depth when you meet him next. I don't want to spoil you so I won't say anymore, but I ended up feeling sorry for poor Yoshimo.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Stone (my son) as I said kept wondering and I tried telling him Irenicus might have something he is "blackmailing" him with such as family or something. If I recall the dialogue correctly I had the impression he was not happy about the situation, but was "forced" to do it.

It is a LOT of fun playing with him. I have to give him daily updates every morning on what he missed. He seems as obsessed with the game as I have become. LOL Needless to say, his mother is not thrilled about it.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

EDIT ~~ Decided to cut this so Stonewarrior enjoys the plot. I misread your post and thought you were further in the game. If you still don't understand the whole plot after you've finished the Spellhold matter, feel free to ask, because the whole Yoshimo business is rather intriguing.

Oh, about reckognising the voice of the 'guide' in Spellhold: I thought exactly the saim thing! I knew I heard that voice before, but shrugged it off, thinking they used the same voice again!

[ 02-03-2005, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #9
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Oh, about reckognising the voice of the 'guide' in Spellhold: I thought exactly the saim thing! I knew I heard that voice before, but shrugged it off, thinking they used the same voice again!
You cant beat the Warner voice! His is the most distincive voice in the game, heheh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Warner Fan

--Kestrel--
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewarrior:
I am considering going back to my last hard save just to rearrange my party some. I currently have myself (fighter), Minsc, Jaheira, Airee, Anomen and the traitor. I wish to keep Minsc, Jaheira and Airee, but am considering going with someone else other than Anomen. I am probably not using him as effectively as I could, but I just don't care much for him. I have thought of checking out Valygar. I also thought of Keldorn, ....
I would discourage reloading a hard Save that far back, as it would pretty much kill the experience of roleplaying your first trip through the game, especially with 2 of you to think about.

Now that the traitor's left, you are
Fighter (Warrior)
Minsc (Warrior)
Jaheira (.5 Warrior, .5 Priest)
Aerie (.5 Priest, .5 Wizard)
Anomen (.25 Warrior, .75 Priest)
Which means you've got a lot of Warrior, and an awful lot of Priest, but your Wizard spells are sorely lacking, and you really really really NEED some Thief in there. Even if you added Jan Jansen (.5 Thief, .5 Mage) as a replacement, you'd still be a bit heavy in the Priest category, I feel.

Personally, I prefer a party setup roughly like
At least 2 Warrior
1 to 1.5 Priest (hopefully casting from both sides of the Priest Scroll)
1.5 Wizard
At least .5 Thief

PLOT MINI-SPOILER: When you left Athkatla, I hope you packed for a looooong trip. There are no, repeat NO, Temples to be found in Chapter 5, so keep that Rod of Resurrection and those Restoration scrolls handy.