Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

My main character (Jehrun) is a Fighter/Cleric. I just fuinished with Bodhi, and I noted two major differences from walk-throughs. First, even though I always answered nice, both gals (Aerie and Jahiera)simply stopped with the romance stuff after I first turned Slayer; thus Bodhi never stole either. Second, after I killed Bodhi and got her heart, and slept in the dungeon before leaving for further adventures, Jehrun lost his spell-casting capabilities! I tried sleeping again at the Copper Coronet, and it still didn't work! I had used him as my healing machine (since if he died, the game reloaded anyway), and kept the druid and cleric/mage loaded with combat type spells. What am I supposed to do now? Any ideas on what happened?

As long as I am here, if anyone can tell me how to get into the Harper complex, I would appreciate that, too... I brought the poisoned body back and gave it to Rylock, but he won't talk anymore and not even Jahiera's presence seems to trigger anything. I have cleaned out the sewers (I think) so I am not sure where to go next.

Jon

[ 03-06-2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
jturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Regarding the Harpers, did you agree to help the nearby Mage, Xzar? This is important to continue with the Harpers' quests.

Do you have any mods installed?

Did you fully patched and fixpacked your game?

Did you sleep with Aerie?( this is a bad move)
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:48 AM   #3
masteraleph
Elminster

jturtle2- After getting out of the underdark, did you go straight to Bodhi? As a general rule, almost all of chapter 5 is labelled as a "dungeon" (I believe that Adalon's cave and possibly the tavern in Ust'natha are not), which means that romances will not progress there.

On the casting abilities, no clue, can you elaborate a little bit more?
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear Master aleph,

I sort of went directly to Bodhi. That is, I hit the small pass area, stopped at the D'Arnise castle to sleep, went to town to sell my goods, and then headed on down to the tombs. I didn't (for instance) go to the temple area and get help, etc. He was able to cast spells during the combat with Bodhi; but he got drained like 10 or 15 levels, and then restored --during combat-- by Jahiera with scrolls. I didn't think to look at him until after I had staked her. BTW, I did have to resurrect or raise dead both Jahiera and Aerie several times... would that make a difference in their feelings?

As for the second, I don't know what to say. I look at my character and the moon icon in the menu is dark, like he can't cast spells. Clicking on it produces nothing. Yet the personal icon still show him as F/Cl and is still splitting the XP. His innate ability to become slayer is still highlighted, as is the "item use" icon (he has the ring of fire resistance that also allows flame strike). While I haven't tried them in combat, they still look normal. I even loaded him into the Shadowkeeper to see if that might correct a glitch (I used it Looong before to get the planar prison key after the warden died over one of those stupid irises and I got sucked down every time I tried to get his treasure. It made for a great technique for avoiding his magical attacks and bopping him, but I guess I got "hoist on my own petard" when I couldn't get the key!)I have the latest patch installed, no mods (that I am aware of), and use the Shadowkeeper sparingly -- most often to learn spells again without having to sleep, when I have tried five or six times, and get tired of being awakened to kill skeletons, gibberlings, or whatever seems to be vermin in the area.

Lastly, I figured out that night about the Harper hall. Now, I am wondering when I get Jahiera back! She has both wands of the heavens, all the restoartion scrolls I could find and buy (I hoard them!), and several other nifty things. I really don't want to have to reload 6-7 hours worth of playing.

I hope that someone can give me good news. I don't want to stop playing when I am this far, and go back several chapters (if I can! -- I am not sure what my saves cover) That would mean weeks worth of work, and I am afraid it might ruin my interest.

Jon

PS: If I did start over, I think I would want to start in ToSC with a Blade. That is a cool package! Too bad you couldn't multiclass with it... A Blade with a second class of cleric that allows edged weapons (as some 3rd edition God's do) would be really potent! Mass destruction, and you can heal yourself afterwards! The only problem would be where to store all the loot...
Old 03-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear Dundee,

yes, I am all patched and fixed (as far as I know). No, I have no mods (that I am aware of). And no, I didn't sleep with Aerie -- or even Phaere (a 17 Ch will let you talk yourself out of almost any situation!) Nor have I ever tried to use the Madams anywhere. I preferred to answer nicely, put up with the sniping between the two girls (Jahiera and Aerie), and be secretly amused at their little daydreams and bungling attempts to be either coy or romantic.

Jon
Old 03-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #6
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Never mind, all! I figured it out. Apparently, my main character was taken down to "0" level cleric without killing him in the battle, and he forgot ALL his spells. When I checked his book, it was in Shadowkeeper, and it showed them present. I didn't think to look close at the mem column. In the game itself, I thought for certain he would have at least 3 spells, since a 1st lvl cleric with his wisdom would have them, and could relearn them (even if he forgot all the rest!) Sooo, I never actually looked in his book in the game until this eveniing -- when I found everything unselected from level one to level seven. Thanks for the folks that tried to help!

Jon
Old 03-07-2003, 09:58 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
You'll get Jaheira back after a couple of days. It might require sleeping outdoors, but I can't remember for sure.

For the romances, I am fairly sure that death and resurrection do mess up the romance scripts, so that is probably why they stopped.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:50 AM   #8
Ullrick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*MINI SPOILER*

As for getting into the harper base, after delivering Rylock you will be confronted by Zxar who asks you to agree to rescue Montaron, if you agree you can speak to the guy outside the base who will send you off on an errand. If you do this for them they will let you inside.
Ullrick is offline   Reply With Quote