Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 01:52 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

Right now it is raining torrents outside Lioness' den in Massachusetts. (neva knew lions were native to the states, didya?) I decided to take this time to mention how much i luv a good thunderstorm. It makes me all cozy to be sitting in my big chair visiting IGF while thunder rolls and lightning flashes. I'm not scared, except when I post a mesage and see the ugly face of the Magister next to my post.

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I love thunderstorms as well, Lioness. When I lived on the east coast, I would head down to the shore if I knew a good storm was brewing (no hurricanes, mind you). There is something awe inspiring about storms at the seashore, particularly when you can't distinguish the crash of waves from a clap of thunder.

ENJOY!

------------------
{Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 06-17-2001, 04:13 PM   #3
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I've just got to laugh at this one. Me, I enjoy a good thunderstorm too: one of my favourite childhood memeories is watching a storm and seeing lighting strike not 50 yards from me... man, did I feel alive!

As to why I'm chuckling though. Well, I'm awaiting the return of my loved one from the Gatecrasher festival in Banbury, Oxfordshire, where she's been running her stall. Appartently there were thunderstorms there: to coin a phrase, it was "chucking" it down. Been there, done that and boy am I looking forward to getting my bedraggled baby back. equally glad I satyed at home though! There's nothing quite like having to look after a 20' square stall at a music festival during a thunderstorm...

OK, OK, I'm a smug bastard I know! She'll be back in about an hour now, ao I've got hot soup ready and waiting for her. Guess I'll have to draw a bath in a bit as well.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-17-2001, 04:39 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I don't really like tunderstorms because where I live they kill people. They quite often spawn tornedos that reek massive destruction and kill. I actually get rather nervous we thunderstorms are predicted.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-17-2001, 05:29 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I like a couldy rainy day also, just rain thought in texas it can quickly produce a massive storm wich can very well sooner or later bay a tornado, it happens alot here in texas, i have expreinced a couple,scary stuff, facinating though, still dangerous

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 05:42 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm afraid Brittish storms rock!

This is cos they are scary,but never kill anyone really.They dont have wind, but it rains LOTS and it thunders and lightnings LOTS.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lavindathar (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 05:57 PM   #7
Gaelic
Elminster

They can be interesting, excepth when your sister-in-law comes to visit with the express purpose of going to the beach and is rained out....like happened yesterday.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-17-2001, 05:58 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

whew...it was just a post, it didn't happen...Gaelic! Don't u eva scare me like that again! Man, I feel your pain

------------------
Old 06-17-2001, 06:34 PM   #9
Shadow
Manshoon

Im getting the same thunderstorms.

Its still raining!

(we live in same state)

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 06-17-2001, 07:19 PM   #10
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Hey Billkins - do you or your lady ever do Folk Festivals? It is just possible we have met.

My favourite thunderstorm was a very special moment. In 1987 I visited England for the first time, travelling with my parents. We had driven most of the day and having found a place to stay reached Stonehenge at about 4 pm. The place was a real disappointment - crawling with bus loads of tourists, fences kept you well back from the stones, hawk harriers jets flying low overhead and a busy road nearby was full of peak hour traffic.

We returned to the carpark and made ourselves a cup of tea to get over the dissapointment. To our delight one by one the tour buses left, and ominous clouds drew in. It began to rain gently so we grabbed our umbrellas and went back to the stones. Almost all of the tourists were running for shelter, eaving only about 10 people in total in the whole compound.

Picture it ...dark clouds caught by the wind sent great shadows dancing across the fields. The sun was low and a gloomy, moody light fell over the whole scene. The huge, blue black stones reared up sillouhetted against the grey sky, in majestic and splendid isolation. Suddenly great flashes of sheet lightening lit the horizen behind the stones, and a few moments later thunder growled and rumbled over the rolling hills.

Now THATS the way to see Stonehenge

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk