Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2002, 08:45 PM   #11
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Yeah the dark one.I havent read the latest book in the series and actually i havent read any of them since the crown of swords and that was so long ago. Robert jordan takes too long to write his boks now to get caught up to read the next one in the series ide have to go back and reread all the books in the series so far, so i know exactly whats going on, i dont nearly have enough time to read all the stuff im supposed to for school let alone any free reading time, so i guess im out of the wheel until i get more free time
Old 01-31-2002, 09:56 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'd be a Green. I like the idea of having a warder

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

White and Blue.
I like meddling in other people's business. Or maybe a gray. Or a brown. Hm. I dont really know.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:19 AM   #14
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Green for sure. Kickin butt with the Power sounds like fun. Lets go fry some Trollocs. Or anything else for that matter. If not Green then definitely Blue. Do male Aes Sedai have male or female warders??? Can I have like 6 female warders??? lol
Old 02-01-2002, 06:32 AM   #15
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

They all have their own individual qualities, all working for good, each in a different way. I dont know which one I would choose.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 10:26 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I would have to say :

BROWN - the Engineering Ajah .

And a warder sounds good - if I could get a certain Silver Bow lady to apply .

And McDonalds OK - but only for the occasional breakfast.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:02 PM   #17
Erydian
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Green for sure. Kickin butt with the Power sounds like fun. Lets go fry some Trollocs. Or anything else for that matter. If not Green then definitely Blue. Do male Aes Sedai have male or female warders??? Can I have like 6 female warders??? lol

Male Aes Sedai haven't existed for quite some time, as the male half of the Source has been tainted by the Dark One, and those that attempt to use it (with the exception of the Chosen) are driven insane. It's the job of the Red Ajah to track down men that can channel, and still them (remove their channeling ability) to prevent them from damaging others once the madness descends upon them. Since stilled men almost always die (as do women) when their ability to channel is taken from them, fewer and fewer male children with the ability to channel have been born throughout the years.

There are Asha'man in the books (eventually), which are men that can channel, but they aren't Aes Sedai, and they don't keep warders. Warders are aware of, and feel everything that their Aes Sedai feels or experiences, including death. The death of a Warder's Aes Sedai is generally a devastating thing, and given the life expectancy of a man that can channel (if the Red Ajah doesn't find him, the Power kills him soon enough), it would almost constitute cruelty for a man to bond a Warder. They also don't really need them, as all Asha'man are trained for combat as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Though I could be forgetting something, I don't recall ever reading anything about male Aes Sedai ever having Warders, even in Ages past. It has been a long time since I've read some of the earlier books though, maybe someone else will remember something different. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]

Old 02-01-2002, 05:51 PM   #18
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Why wouldnt Male Aes Sedai have warders? They would probably have them for the same reason female Aes Sedai do.
>
SPOLIER>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
And Erydian, you forget, the source was clensed in book 9. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Scholarcs ]

<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 06:13 PM   #19
Erydian
Manshoon

Bah, I'm not done with that book just yet (about halfway) [img]smile.gif[/img] I apologize for the misinformation.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]

Old 02-01-2002, 06:36 PM   #20
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Hmmm.. never read the books but from the descriptions I guess I'd be:

1. Blue (think I could help most here)
2. Yellow (of course this is pretty helpful too)
3. Grey (helpful, but not my idea of a good time)
4. Brown (I like learning, but full time may be a bit much)
5. White (also educational, but pure logic doesn't appeal to me)
6. Green (great cause, but I do NOT like fighting)
7. Red (I would like hunting some down even less - more personal)
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote