Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #11
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
The biggest difference is the fact it goes to your head within a minute.
Bah, you're just a big wussy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll buy a bottle one of these days, and i'll tell you what it did to me the next day. I bet it's the same as with all the other stuff, it only makes you more thirsty. [/QUOTE]LOL ever the comedian you are johnny. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 PM   #12
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
There's nowhere near the same amount of wormwood in it as there used to be a decade ago, so no hallucinations and no special effects.
This is very true; I shared a bottle with my dad last month, and all he did was whine about how it used to be so much cooler...

... but it does get one drunk pretty fast, and tastes good at the same time [img]graemlins/stonedout.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 10:23 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
The biggest difference is the fact it goes to your head within a minute.
Bah, you're just a big wussy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll buy a bottle one of these days, and i'll tell you what it did to me the next day. I bet it's the same as with all the other stuff, it only makes you more thirsty. [/QUOTE]It's not the 70% alcohol that hits you. The thing that hits you, and the thing it was illegal over, are the halucinogens. To this day I can't remember what I did the rest of the night after just 5 shots. Hell, I can't remember the whole next day!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:29 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
This is very true; I shared a bottle with my dad last month, and all he did was whine about how it used to be so much cooler...

... but it does get one drunk pretty fast, and tastes good at the same time [img]graemlins/stonedout.gif[/img]
Erm, how old is your dad? LOL, maybe you should ask him when *exactly* it was that he had this "much cooler" absynthe. AFAIK, the high wormwood content is something that lasted until maybe the first few decades of the 20st century.
So same goes to Bozos, are you really, really sure you got the high-wormwood absynthe? [img]tongue.gif[/img] The fact that you suffered memory loss has little to do with any hallucinogens that might or might not have been in the drink - any really horrible drunkenness will do it.

[ 10-08-2004, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-08-2004, 03:53 AM   #15
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yup. I know that the hallucinogenic content now is nothing compared to the one some 60-80 years ago, but it's still there. There is no more high-wormwood absynthe, but the wormwood is still there, I assure you.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:03 AM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Yup. I know that the hallucinogenic content now is nothing compared to the one some 60-80 years ago, but it's still there. There is no more high-wormwood absynthe, but the wormwood is still there, I assure you.
Hallucinating doesn't effect your memory though, matter of fact, when under influence of LSD everything seems kinda unreal, but you'll never forget what happened, or what you saw that wasn't there. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] So my guess it's that it won't be any different with this stuff, although the drunkeness might make things a little foggy.

Not a healthy combination btw...
Old 10-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #17
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The combination, as I hear it by more experienced friends, is what gets to ya. It is illegal for a reason, just like all the other things illegal(with exceptions [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
Old 10-08-2004, 04:09 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
The combination, as I hear it by more experienced friends, is what gets to ya. It is illegal for a reason, just like all the other things illegal(with exceptions [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
Well, like a lot of other things... it's not illegal overhere. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 04:30 AM   #19
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yeah, remind me again why don't you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Why do you want to beat a guy down while he's lying out cold?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:33 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
I know it is, but it's nowhere near enough to make even 1% happen of what people SAY it did. [img]tongue.gif[/img]