Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 11:16 AM   #11
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

SS4, theres two pitfiends overthere..... why dont you "onpurpose" spill their drinks?

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-18-2001, 11:52 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gwhanos!!

I know you're trying hard and I appreciate the effort but talking to yourself is SPAM. Remember what Jerome told you earlier:

Quote:
Posted by Jerome:
Gwhanos, a few tips:
Talking to yourself is really just spamming. If you're going to spam anyway, at least find another like minded person, and you can spam away all night together and just call it "chatting".
You had five consecutive posts in half an hour on this thread. You opened it at 9:24pm. Then you posted again at 9:39pm, then 9:52pm, then 9:59pm, then 10:03pm. You are violating your own rule in your thread opener:

Quote:
Posted by Gwhanos:
Roleplay all you want, I dont really care, just dont spam or you'll be drained by a certain superior cat's henchmen (and women if there are any)
If everyone else can see this, why can't you? Do you feel that the rules apply to everyone but you? Be patient and wait for other people to respond to your posts. Read up on how Lord Shield runs the BG2 Bar if you want some pointers on how to do this.

If you find this difficult, I will be more than happy to explain this to you in detail via email (as I'm getting tired of having to admonish you in public and I'm sure you are too).

I hope this is the last time I have to do this.

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 12:43 PM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Nah Nah Nah!

Gwhanos made a boo-boo..

Dont worry about the posts mate..they'll come..
Patience is key.

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-18-2001, 12:58 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lifetime is right, Gwhanos! I originally came in to post with people here but when I saw you talking to yourself, I knew the mod would be here soon.

People will participate! Just give us all time. Oh and I want a gin and tonic, lime twist, please!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #15
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

hmmmm ... roleplaying heh ..... well in that case .... bow your head to BALTHAZAR ..... bwahahahahahaha ....
Old 09-18-2001, 01:32 PM   #16
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Gwhanos!!

I know you're trying hard and I appreciate the effort but talking to yourself is SPAM. Remember what Jerome told you earlier:

If everyone else can see this, why can't you? Do you feel that the rules apply to everyone but you? Be patient and wait for other people to respond to your posts. Read up on how Lord Shield runs the BG2 Bar if you want some pointers on how to do this.

If you find this difficult, I will be more than happy to explain this to you in detail via email (as I'm getting tired of having to admonish you in public and I'm sure you are too).

I hope this is the last time I have to do this.

I can appreciate that we are trying to limit spam, but in roleplaying, sometimes you will speak up more than once, meaning it isn't spam. Plus, Gwhanos is posting in a thread he created. I personally liked the opening banter as it made for a more "bar" type atmosphere. I think this is kinda what Rikard meant in another post when he said that we are less tolerant of stuff going on. This place has changed a lot, but I guess it is to be expected when we have more of a clientele now. *bows head in sadness* Course, maybe it felt good because my name was mentioned in some of that spam, dunno.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-18-2001, 01:42 PM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
I can appreciate that we are trying to limit spam, but in roleplaying, sometimes you will speak up more than once, meaning it isn't spam. Plus, Gwhanos is posting in a thread he created. I personally liked the opening banter as it made for a more "bar" type atmosphere. I think this is kinda what Rikard meant in another post when he said that we are less tolerant of stuff going on. This place has changed a lot, but I guess it is to be expected when we have more of a clientele now. *bows head in sadness* Course, maybe it felt good because my name was mentioned in some of that spam, dunno.

Sorry, I do agree to an extent, but this five-posts-in-a-row thing is REALLY starting to wear on my nerves!!!! It's not even necessary! Just edit your first one and put the new reply in that one! As long as he's only talking to himself that should be more than fair to ask, should it not?

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-18-2001, 01:48 PM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

Lioness!!!!Kaz!!!!!

Wait a minute this is NOT the Cafe! I've got a very bad feeling about this.

(Looks around, slowly.)

Wait a minute, Did I see the walls start to close in?

Uh..no! Must be imagining things!

I wonder if there are any Imperial Stormtroopers hiding in the dark corners here. Wouldn't mind taking a few chops at a couple of those whiteplated simpleminded dopes!

Mark

Old 09-18-2001, 01:50 PM   #19
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Sorry, I do agree to an extent, but this five-posts-in-a-row thing is REALLY starting to wear on my nerves!!!! It's not even necessary! Just edit your first one and put the new reply in that one! As long as he's only talking to himself that should be more than fair to ask, should it not?

Well, I have seen several people double/triple/quad posting when they were replying to other people, but haven't seen any negative comments to them. And, I was saying that this is his thread. I have stated to him several times about posting in other threads, but if it bothers you in a thread he creates, you don't have to post there too.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-18-2001, 02:01 PM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Well, I have seen several people double/triple/quad posting when they were replying to other people, but haven't seen any negative comments to them. And, I was saying that this is his thread. I have stated to him several times about posting in other threads, but if it bothers you in a thread he creates, you don't have to post there too.

I agree with you there...it's his own post so rules are more lenient perhaps. I was talking about other threads, I should have said so in my post.
And yes, I have seen others do it, you're right, but you have to agree the frequency with which *he* did was just not funny anymore. It was obviously the dreaded "for ranks" thing
Anyway, he's been punished for that already so I'll shut up now.

BTW... Now that I'm here anyway, where is that bloody Gwhanos we I need him? For ages, all I see is his spam and just now that I need a nice cute succubus to bring me a big tankard of Balor Ale, he's gone missing! Gwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanos??

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art