Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

I had a softball game tonight, and during the 5th inning(we play 7) my back began to ache. I have taken Ibuprofen and put onn a back brace, but it still kills. i have a game tomorrow and I have to play- I am the 1 pitcher. Any advice?

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 10:05 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

No advice, other than this: your health is far more important than a ball game. Disappointing as it may seem, you owe it to yourself to not stress your back further.

Take as much ibuprofen as you can...you can take both Tylenol and Advil without adverse reactions...and try to rest.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Cheerful thoughts,

Old 06-13-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hope your back gets better! Are you still going to play tomorrow?
Old 06-13-2001, 10:16 PM   #4
Lioness
Jack Burton

Sazerac,
Thanks, sometimes I get carried away and forget that!

Neb,
I'm not sure, but i really, really want to(whine, whine). I'll have to see how it feels.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 10:17 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

My advice would be to not play unless you feel almost no pain at all, if you feel just a bit of pain it might get worse if you play.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:27 PM   #6
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
No advice, other than this: your health is far more important than a ball game. Disappointing as it may seem, you owe it to yourself to not stress your back further.

Take as much ibuprofen as you can...you can take both Tylenol and Advil without adverse reactions...and try to rest.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Cheerful thoughts,

I agree with Saz on this. Get your rest I know all about back aches. So forget tomorrows game and rest your back.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-13-2001, 10:43 PM   #7
andora20
Manshoon

Aaaaah, I do not suffer alone, my back hurts too, but for short term relief, try laying on a hard surface (eg Floor!)with your neck supported. Only works for short time though
Old 06-13-2001, 10:50 PM   #8
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Determination!
Play through the pain and lead your team to victory!
You have the willpower, the strength, and courage!
Even if it means permanent injury, your duty to your team takes precedence over your health.
If even injured you are a better pitcher than whom ever would take your place then you must play through the pain!
Troop onwards Lioness! You can do it!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:55 PM   #9
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Oh yes:
My roommate also has chronic back problems. He has tried many different techniques including chiropracters but to no avail. He recently tried acupuncture. Alot of people maybe will shake their heads at that but it has really improved his condition. He was skeptical at first but gave it a few sessions and now it is much better. To be sure he still suffers from soreness et al, but he says it is vastly improved over the way it once was. Just a thought on a possible remedy.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:18 PM   #10
Moni

Lioness,
I don't know if you are still here tonight, but I am going to add my advice anyway.
I had severe whiplash and for several to many years I suffered pain in various areas of my back.
A registered nurse that I knew taught me these:

If the pain is in your lower back, lie on your back with a pillow under your knees...this takes all pressure off of your lower back and allows it to rest.

If the pain is in your middle to upper back, lie on your side with whatever leg you have "on top" bent enough to be comfortable...place both of your arms out in front of you and bend them at the elbows...let them lie on whatever surface you are sleeping on in a posistion that is comfortable to you...just basically, keep your elbows bent. This takes all the pressure off of all of your back allowing it to rest from top to bottom and any muscular pain you have been feeling should be gone after a good nap, provided you have not strained any, in which case a couple of nights sleeping like this should do the trick.

I fall asleep in this position every night, not having gotten out of the habit after so many years of living in pain lol. I rarely have back pain unless I strain it doing somehting I shouldn't.

I hope you feel better and when you get the time...look at the following link for a new sig that me and Adam Warlock made for you if you are interested in using the newer one. I saw someone complimented you on the one I made you and felt really proud.

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001691.html

Let us know how your team did in the game!

Moni

------------------