Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #41
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Welcome to the boards, Kynaeus! May you enjoy both lands well in the near future [img]smile.gif[/img]

And jsalsb, check that you have the full demo. Mine was 327,442,692 bytes, or around 312MB.

*edit* forgot to say that if you want, I can burn a copy of the file and mail it to you. Something about those 300MB attachments seems to irritate many email systems... although I haven't tried the service that Kynaeus mentioned.
Thanks for the offer B. I just looked, and yes that's exactly my file size. I think it downloaded fine, but doesn't like my system. I checked the compatability/minimum requirements, and I think I have everything, except I'm not sure about the audio card. I have a built-in SigmaTel card, and 'dxdiag' says it only does software bufferring, not hardware bufferring. But 'dxdiag' also states: "DirectSound test results: All tests were successful" so I don't know if that's it. I find it unlikely that the whole thing would fail to even start because of a sound issue, but who knows!

I'm going to try the clean boot thingy later. Happy Easter!!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #42
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar:
you will notice that at the early stages u cant kill anything but slimes with a sword. just figure out the spells and the spells will kill anything.

you will receive more than enough spells in the game to kill all the monsters pretty much.
How do you cast spells? Goblins are chasing me down and kickin my arse
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:12 AM   #43
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kynaeus:
How do you cast spells? Goblins are chasing me down and kickin my arse
Welcome to the board, Kynaeus!!!

To cast spells:

Hit the "E" to bring up equipment - on the right hand side of the screen, half way down, you will see the names for the various magic types (the names of which I do not remember) click on those names to open up that magic type.
To just choose one spell, just click on it.

To set up fast spells, point at the spell you want and press a key from 1 - 8.
So if you point and Magic Missiles and press "1" - you can fast cast Magic Missiles by pressing the "1" later in the game.

You can set up 8 different spells this way. I had Scream Stars (1), Magic Missiles (2), Fireball (3) and Crystal of Healing (8). Pretty neat!

To switch back to your weapon, press the "Q" key.

Hope that was clear enough to help!

[ 03-27-2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #44
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can also set up potions of healing in those slots as well... a very nice side feature [img]smile.gif[/img]

I really like the scream stars... they seem to linger around a bit My mage blew his initial fireballs on the starting skeletons, though.

Anyone tried the magic mixing yet? Quite handy, and a bit reminiscent of Arx Fatalis magic casting (based on rune combinations), Might and Magic potion mixing, and Ultima spell casting. I don't know if there's "logic" built into the system yet or not. For example, a light torch spell in Arx is cast by "create" "fire", and a flaming arrow (or equivalent) by "create" "missile" "fire". It would be nice...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #45
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
You can also set up potions of healing in those slots as well... a very nice side feature [img]smile.gif[/img]

I really like the scream stars... they seem to linger around a bit My mage blew his initial fireballs on the starting skeletons, though.

Anyone tried the magic mixing yet? Quite handy, and a bit reminiscent of Arx Fatalis magic casting (based on rune combinations), Might and Magic potion mixing, and Ultima spell casting. I don't know if there's "logic" built into the system yet or not. For example, a light torch spell in Arx is cast by "create" "fire", and a flaming arrow (or equivalent) by "create" "missile" "fire". It would be nice...
No, I didn't try mixing anything up. Just didn't devote any time to it since it was going to be just total guessing on what to combine. Might be fun to try if I find time to do so.

A basic help file that at least gave the basics on magic mixing and the other commands that one could have printed out would have been a nice thing to include (and should not have been that difficult).
Old 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #46
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, the recipes are on the critters themselves, which kind of takes the challenge out of it a bit. If you mouse over Locust Swarm, for example (or maybe it's right-click), the window that pops up display the charges available as well as the ingredients. Simply click on the listed ingredients, and when you've got them all on the left-hand side, a little icon pops up with what you can make. You can then make as many as you would like.

It reminds me of the magic potions in MM6, where you could mix anything right from the start. I don't know if the game will be more like MM7, where you had to have certain skill levels to mix certain kinds of potions. I suspect not... [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I agree about some kind of printable manual or instructions. Would be nice...
-+-+-+
Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #47
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Shows you how much attention I paid to those spells, eh??

I hadn't noticed that the recipes popped up, I think read a couple of the names and moved back to magic missiles and fireballs.

Ever figure out anything the with runes?? Playing around with all those things will probably reveal a lot but when I'm fighting 12 rabid rats I'm not much interested in wondering "what does this do".
Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #48
the mighty stamar

I think the runes work like the runes in arx fatalis where you mix the order you hit them to cast different spells.
Not knowing the order to hit them in i havent found any spells lol but iive guess that is how they work.

Hey Ziroc should make the ironworks dungeon lords forum and give the link to the dream catcher boards so that we get some of them over here i think.
I believe the game is supposed to come out in like 2 weeks or so? going to be a lot of people with questions.

oh ps, the game uses the deep 6 engine because it says deep 6 in a lot of the cfg files

[ 03-29-2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #49
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I haven't figured out a way to do anything with the runes yet, or even to hit more than one. But since I'm also usually battling a mob of critters, I haven't had a lot of time, either [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know Ziroc is planning on making the DL forum soon, and I think that we will promote the board once everything takes off. More members is good members in my book

And it's still using the deep6 engine? Cool... now, to look up the W&W mappings and transfer them over...
-+-+-+
Old 04-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #50
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

>Can't seem to get map (M) to work.

Me neither. It's too bad such a long-awaited demo couldn't be polished a little more. After all the W&W bugs that the publisher ignored it'd be nice to know if a fully functional game is going to be released this time.

So how's that DL forum coming along? There's posts about this game all over the palce.
analander is offline   Reply With Quote