Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Everyone has Christmas Gifts (or Hannakuh gifts if that helps!) from their childhood. List your top three; here are mine:

1. Creepy Crawlers. I'd spent more hours with this than probably anything else during my childhood. It was the kind where if you didn't watch yourself you'd get burned from the hot plate.

2. Green Ghost Game. Here is another one I spent hours and hours and not the game itself but the cool 12 little Green Ghosts along with the Cat, Bat, Rat, and Vulture. The Haunted Tree, the Spooky Mansion, and the Suken Pirate Ship added to a lot of fun.

3. Army Men.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Not everyone . In our family we never gave eachother gifts with christmas, we did that on December 5, when Sinterklaas is in town. A lot of people in my country don't give gifts with christmas, since they already spent a small fortune on presents in the first week of december.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Funny, one of the answers to tonights Jeopardy was Sinterklaas. In Germany we had it too, but we only got a plate of goodies and something in our shoe. The gifts were still at Christmas.

I spent one of several Christmas' with a close friend of the family who was an Auctioneer. One gift he gave me was a ring; plain gold with grooves on the side and onyx on top. I knew it was not new, but he told me right away that there was a special story behind it.
After all the gifts were opened we got back to the ring. It turned out it was my grandfather's, given to Jerry (autioneer) from my mom, who was living with my step-father in the Dom. Rep. for some years.
She told him to give it to me when I was old enough to appreciate it. I have not seen my grandfather for 31 years, since I left Germany. It fits perfectly, but I usually don't wear it, since I'm not much of a ring person. It is special to me though.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

One of the most thoughtful gifts was from my Grandma many many years ago. It was a huge box of batteries. Stunned with disappointment at first I soon worked out that all those toys in the wardrobe/under the bed that I had not played with in years were now back in action!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

1) James Bond briefcase (from Russia with Love)
2) Creepy Crawlers (the original burning liquid plastic version, loved those giant ants and centipedes)
3) Mattel Winchester rifle (used greenie stick-em caps on the cartridge which ejected after you shot the hard plastic bullet)
Old 12-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
A set of skis... I must've been 14 at the time. I loved those things, but I gave them up out of concern for my knees, and knowing if I injured them I'd have to say goodbye to dance. I miss skiing terribly, but I know I'd miss dancing even more. Oh well. I got a few good years out of them, at least.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

my best present was waaaay back in 5th grade when my mom's gift for my dad was a slew of johnny cash records. he was wild for the man in black. he opened them on christmas morning but our stereo had been broken for a while.
i ran into my bedroom, put a ribbon on my silly little portable record player and gave it to him.
seeing how happy that made my dad was the best present i got.

V***V
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

My best Christmas gift was probably when I got Shining Force 2 ages ago. It's still a good game.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

This kid can't be to hard to please when it comes to presents! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
1) James Bond briefcase (from Russia with Love)
Thats perhaps the coolest sounding thing ever, I mean I have no idea if its just a normal suitcase or something but it still kicks ass!