Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Since the forum is dead here is a topic.

The ToB NPC can be dualled to both mage and thief. So when you play with him in your party, do you keep him as a fighter or do you dual him and if so at what level?

Personally till now I have kept him always as a fighter. I'm wondering if dualling might be a good idea.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

I agree that this forum is essentially dead. A good argument for combining SOA/TOB in my opinion.

Anyways, about dual classing the TOB NPC, I've tried both ways and he pretty much rocks either class. But in reality, he's "just another dual class F-T or F-M". I didn't feel like either really suited his character very much.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you want to achieve the infamous "Legitimate most physically damaging single strike", then yes, you can dual him into a Fighter->Thief.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Good call, DS! No protagonist or item can beat a Deathbringer Assault backstab!

I've personally never dual-classed him, because I think the Fighter HLAs totally rock. I would consider dualclassing S. after getting one GWW though.

It really would be forever before he got his Fighter abilities back, but it would also be a lot of fun. I'd recommend never entering Watcher's Keep without him though... he'd need all the XP he can get!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

I always keep him as fighter, he is usually better than my protagonist if i play a fighter
Old 05-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I, personally, dual-classed him to a Fighter/Assassin.

x7 backstab... Deathbringer Assault... I would solo the game with him if I could!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It depends on who else is in my party. If I've got Imoen and Jan, I already have all the Thief and Mage I need, so why Dual? But in my next run, Imoen will be my only Wizard, and I do want the ToB NPC, so I will be Dualing him to Mage.

And, while his name is not a spoiler on the ToB board, it will be if/when the forums are merged.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I, personally, dual-classed him to a Fighter/Assassin.

x7 backstab... Deathbringer Assault... I would solo the game with him if I could!
Not legitimately possible. You can't dual to a kit.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I know it isn't legitimate, but, for roleplaying, it just seems to fit his personality.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I know it isn't legitimate, but, for roleplaying, it just seems to fit his personality.
hmmm... personally I wouldn't say an assasin thief fits his personality...personality-wise if I have to dual him, I'd see him more towards mage
(or cleric of bane for example, if not bhaal)