Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default The governor from AZ

The right wing nuts had a hey day with Hank Johnson and his tipping over of an island. As did liberals running to his defense, spinning fantasy lies about how he was making a joke, or whatever some thought would work to cover the embarrassment for the moment, until something else came along to draw the attention away.

Now, I present you with the governor from AZ. The least she should have done was taken notes like Palin did, then read them from her hand. Anybody here to defend her?
My conclusion after research is, "Papers Please"!

Quote:
PHOENIX — It will go down as one of the most painful openings to a political debate in recent memory.
Gov. Jan Brewer stumbled and stammered through her opening statement during a televised debate Wednesday night, suffering through an embarrassing, cringe-eliciting pause that lasted more than 10 seconds.
With her hands clasped in front of her, she looked at the camera, then down, possibly at notes, and back up at the camera. She smiled, let out a loud exhale, then resumed her statement with a pronouncement of her record as governor.
Do yourself the favor and click the video, there is not a journalist about that can apply spin and make-up to this travesty.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38981701...-decision_2010

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: The governor from AZ

From watching the video, she seems really out of touch. A part of me feels sorry for her, as she pauses and stumbles on the TV show - in fairness I think she's just nervous there. But then I remember her infamous policies, and my sympathy goes away, replaced by questions of whether this woman knows what she is doing, and can people count on her competence concerning important, polarizing issues such as immigration.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Scare tactics work wonders, even better when reversed!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Wow. Is there a "facepalm" smiley?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
spinning fantasy lies about how he was making a joke
I keep praying you're keeping up a long-running and elaborate act, and that you're not this ■■■■■■■ stupid. Because, you know, you're like trained with guns and stuff, and if you're this stupid it's a scary world for me.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

And to be fair, I won't just take up for the lefty who certainly didn't really think an island could capsize. I'll take up for this poor woman too.

Public speaking is HARD. From teaching a class to giving a wedding toast to radio to debates, it's not easy. And if you haven't practiced it a lot, it's even harder. Remember, she was unelected, so she's not had to do this stuff before.

She's no Einstein, that's for sure, and she has a horrible way of playing loose with the facts. All in all, I'd say she's got a long list of flaws that make her unfit to be the chief executive of a U.S. state. But this debate gaff was probably low on that list of flaws, it just made good TV.

Funny thing is she's still polling with a double digit lead. She's going to shy away from any more debates and just ride the wave of anti-immigrant hate to the governor's mansion.

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 09-07-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
She's going to shy away from any more debates and just ride the wave of anti-immigrant hate to the governor's mansion.
While I agree that there is plenty of hate being directed at "them foreigners", there is a lot of real and rational concern concerning the problems caused by illegal immigrants.

It is a very real problem in California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas in regard to illegal immigration from Mexico, Central America and even South America. For all I know, people in Vermont may be concerned about an influx of illegal immigrants from Canada taking all the jobs in the maple syrup industry.

Maybe if the federal government would actually address a serious problem that has existed for more than 30 years, people/voters wouldn't be responding to what many find to be extremist solutions.