Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
Calagari
Manshoon

I must be a pretty dumb guy. I couldn't have expressed myself as some of you have so technically. I just know that many of the faces look the same almost Charlie Brownish. I do think the atterntion to detail on the armor and weapons is really nice. If the way the world looks is what they call Bloom in the game I hope they leave it out of the next game. I prefer the artsy style also. It gives the game more atmosphere.
Time is money though so we may not see a return to the amount of artwork we once saw in games. Too bad it was nice while it lasted.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
Black Swan Gauntlet
The Magister

Default Re: Got an old machine but still waant to play Oblivion?

Apologies for thread necromancy, but I noticed that Oldblivion is incompatible with the current patch...are there other mods that could be used to improve performance?
Black Swan Gauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 AM   #13
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimsomBlade View Post
No it's not just you. I started noticing a glimmer on everything in the game that was never there before in any other games. Yes the newer Highend graphics are amazing but I don't really think its the new Hardware I think it may be the art work itself. The game companies may use new hardware and software to build their games the problem I think is they forgot to up grade the artwork and the way they use colors and the reflection and refraction factors of lights and colors.
Even though the graphics are more High rez the need to spend more time in the way they try to make things look more real they at the same time need to take some of the shine out of the trees and grass and everything the game seems to sparkel too much.
Interesting you should say that, http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=224
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #14
blackthorne830
Welcomed New User

I'm playing it on a 1.8 gig machine with a GeForce FX 5200 and 512 meg of ram, I bought the Knights of the Nine Expansion pack and set the settings to very low.
It looks like crap but it runs good with no distant landscape, no grass, no shadows. I could turn up my view distance nearly all the way.

The expansion pack is pretty weak but it was worth it to me at the time for the patch (wasn't online).

If you can't download it get a friend to send you the patch.
blackthorne830 is offline   Reply With Quote