Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #21
The Fallen One
Elminster

Here is the link to the chat client i setup.

IW-Unofficial Chat client.

It should work decently, and i switched the servers from Galaxynet to Rizon, so maybe people will have less lag. My IRC nickname is DeltaZero, so lemme know if the server lags too much for you. I'll try to find a server that doesnt lag and works nicely for most people. Once connected, do a '/nick nickname', replace nickname with whatever name you want to use, and it'll change it to that.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #22
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
GAIM is perfectly useable on Windows too.

I don't find IRC dated. I have used it since 2001 and have clocked up more than 4000 hours in the last year and a half. If you download a client (mIRC) then it is better than getting an extension for Firefox. The client has some nice features, it is easy to use, and remote scripts allow unlimited possibilities. I think your comments are a bit unfounded, as many experience no lag (you probably do due to the fact you don't use a client (I'm presuming)). Message notification is also available with a client, and you can choose whether you want a flash, sound, etc. Also you can get times on when people said things, which helps a lot.

Basically, IRC is much better (in my opinion) if you download mIRC. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i have had no problems with it since getting mirc, although the web based one wasn't very good. I have never not been able to log on when i wanted, nor do i get cut off like some.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #23
Froberg
The Magister

If you're interested, I know a guy who's set up his own IRC network.

Hardly any users = zero lagg.

Just an option, let me know if you're interested.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #24
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen One:

It should work decently, and i switched the servers from Galaxynet to Rizon, so maybe people will have less lag. My IRC nickname is DeltaZero, so lemme know if the server lags too much for you. I'll try to find a server that doesnt lag and works nicely for most people. Once connected, do a '/nick nickname', replace nickname with whatever name you want to use, and it'll change it to that.
That doesn't seem to work for me, FallenOne. It doesn't seem to want to load. It might be just my internet being stupid though, I'll try again tomorrow.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:04 AM   #25
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen One:

That doesn't seem to work for me, FallenOne. It doesn't seem to want to load. It might be just my internet being stupid though, I'll try again tomorrow. [/QUOTE]You need to enable java for it. Just say yes when it prompts you to download it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #26
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Oh, ok. I'll try that later today. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote