Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 09:05 PM   #41
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Please dont shoot me
I can't. I don't have a gun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

No worries Lennon. Take it easy.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #42
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Lennon when I first saw your posting I thought you were a twit. Then you changed your same and acted somewhat mature and I respected you. A bit of the mini-mod syndrome but I still respected you. Well its all gone now. Dont bother responding
How can I not respond to what amounts to a personal insult ??
I may seem a little agitated the past couple of months- thats mainly because of being bombarded with seventy-nine very big, very difficult, assignments, and having 2 weeks to do all of them. Everyone has their good times and their bad times, and right now I am going through a very bad time; and hoping to not drag anyone into the same void. Please, let me know if I do drag anyone right into this void- i`ll filter out my anger by flaming the BIS boards if thats what it takes to keep myself from doing it here.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:08 PM   #43
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
i can't believe that so many europeans oppose the US. A lot of them actually think they are the enemy, that just doesn't make any sense to me. Every word bush said so far about countries like irak, iran, libya, north korea, syria,palestine ( i can think of a couple more ) is absolutely true. Just sit back and do nothing is stupid, while they continue to support and finance terrorists. I've heard on the news that new attacks are expected to take place very soon in the US and you can't believe how much that pisses me off, just hearing those things. What is it that those guys want anyway ? Do they want us all to turn muslim ? When are they satisfied ? In my opinion there's only one way to deal with this faceless enemy, and that is hit back, hit back so hard they shit themselves from fear, just like they did to us on september 11. There is an old saying that says an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and i believe in that. If bush wants to attack irak, please by all means, do so, only this time finish the job. It's no use defeating the iraki army and let saddam sit on his throne. This time it's time for him to be brought to justice, or even better, put a bullet in his head. No more mr niceguy, finish this, whatever it takes.
Johnny, nothing is so cut and dry, simple. I cringe at the thought of the President declaring war on all the nations Georgie mentions as part of the Axis Of Evil. I can't believe he used that phrase in Germany, he has no shame.

Mark

Mark
Old 05-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #44
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Here we can use your same logic to disagree with you. We can't blame people now for something which happened, say, two hundred years ago. But by your logic, we can blame the father for what the son did; as previous sins may be revisited.
Whatever happens though, we can't blame a previous sin on a person who wasn't born when it happened.
If my father shot your father and took his house and land, so that I was living in luxury in the house you should have lived in, am I not reaping the benefit of my fathers deed?

If I can reap the benefit, should I not reap the negatives?

Our cultures have wills and testaments. Legacy is passed down from generation to generation. Wealth, land, esteem. There are rich people in America who's families initial wealth was made on the backs of slaves.

If they can inherit the benefits, they can inherit the blame.

Certainly that is how the disspossessed see it.
If the possessor blindly ignores the views of the dispossessed, trouble brews. It's easy for the person with the house and land to say
"Just forget about it, that's in the past " because THEY OWN THE HOUSE! It's much, much harder, for the dispossesed to say that.

Until that day comes, we can't forget about it. All over the world the dispossesed are SCREAMING.

[ 05-24-2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-24-2002, 09:17 PM   #45
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
quote:
Lennon when I first saw your posting I thought you were a twit. Then you changed your same and acted somewhat mature and I respected you. A bit of the mini-mod syndrome but I still respected you. Well its all gone now. Dont bother responding
I may seem a little agitated the past couple of months- thats mainly because of being bombarded with seventy-nine very big, very difficult, assignments, and having 2 weeks to do all of them. Everyone has their good times and their bad times, and right now I am going through a very bad time; and hoping to not drag anyone into the same void. Please, let me know if I do drag anyone right into this void- i`ll filter out my anger by flaming the BIS boards if thats what it takes to keep myself from doing it here.
[/QUOTE]Lennon apparently you have no concept of world affairs. Or perhaps you have a narrowminded and ignorant view of recent events. That I can tolerate. But to advocate the death of the leader of your country? Your tone wasnt "joking". You disgust me. I reiterate-dont post to me again. edited for profanity

[ 05-24-2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Lord of Alcohol ]
Old 05-24-2002, 09:22 PM   #46
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
quote:
quote:
[/QUOTE]Lennon apparently you have no concept of world affairs. Or perhaps you have a narrowminded and ignorant view of recent events. That I can tolerate. But to advocate the death of the leader of your country? Your tone wasnt "joking". You disgust me. I reiterate-dont post to me again. edited for profanity
[/QUOTE]I think you should take a deep breath and back off LOA. I think sometimes youngsters don't always think before they post. And I think your tone is out of line, too.

Mark
Old 05-24-2002, 09:27 PM   #47
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yep my tones out of line, I admit it.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:16 PM   #48
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
i can't believe that so many europeans oppose the US. A lot of them actually think they are the enemy, that just doesn't make any sense to me. Every word bush said so far about countries like irak, iran, libya, north korea, syria,palestine ( i can think of a couple more ) is absolutely true. Just sit back and do nothing is stupid, while they continue to support and finance terrorists. I've heard on the news that new attacks are expected to take place very soon in the US and you can't believe how much that pisses me off, just hearing those things. What is it that those guys want anyway ? Do they want us all to turn muslim ? When are they satisfied ? In my opinion there's only one way to deal with this faceless enemy, and that is hit back, hit back so hard they shit themselves from fear, just like they did to us on september 11. There is an old saying that says an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and i believe in that. If bush wants to attack irak, please by all means, do so, only this time finish the job. It's no use defeating the iraki army and let saddam sit on his throne. This time it's time for him to be brought to justice, or even better, put a bullet in his head. No more mr niceguy, finish this, whatever it takes.
Johnny, nothing is so cut and dry, simple. I cringe at the thought of the President declaring war on all the nations Georgie mentions as part of the Axis Of Evil. I can't believe he used that phrase in Germany, he has no shame.

Mark

Mark
[/QUOTE]maybe he used that term overthere for a reason ?
Old 05-24-2002, 10:26 PM   #49
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
maybe he used that term overthere for a reason ?
LOL well he is trying to garner support for his war against terrorism and he already fucked up
You mean he didnt take the hint the first time when everyone got pissed off at his "axis of evil" speech and had to do it again?
Old 05-24-2002, 10:31 PM   #50
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
maybe he used that term overthere for a reason ?
LOL well he is trying to garner support for his war against terrorism and he already fucked up
You mean he didnt take the hint the first time when everyone got pissed off at his "axis of evil" speech and had to do it again?
[/QUOTE]something like that.