Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 07:38 AM   #1
TheThing
Banned User

I want to post something that would evolve into a heated discussion, so anyone got any topic that would cause a huge debate?
Old 05-01-2002, 07:39 AM   #2
Lord Shield

you WANT a heatde discussion? then either religion or abortion - but wait till I hide in a bunker first

Old 05-01-2002, 07:44 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Introduce something you are interested in, care about or are concerned about. Just remember that this isn't a 'heated debate' board, it's a game board first and foremost. Sincere and open discussion is always welcome, but deliberately inciting people to anger and abusive posting is not.

Try a search on the topics Lord Shield recommended, there are a lot of those discussions already on the board from the last several months, but current events can get alot of response too if you find something you are passionate about.

Cloudy
Old 05-01-2002, 07:49 AM   #4
TheThing
Banned User

any more ideas?

I think I didn't make myself clear, I meant to turn THIS topic into a huge debate, ^^ oh well
Old 05-01-2002, 07:53 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

How about a Morrowind is better than Neverwinter Nights or vice-versa heated discussion. Then run for cover!

Mark
Old 05-01-2002, 07:53 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TheThing:
any more ideas?

I think I didn't make myself clear, I meant to turn THIS topic into a huge debate, ^^ oh well
If it's your intention to get everyone at each others throats then I have a few suggestions:

Toilet paper. Should it hand down at the back or at the front?
Toilet seats Up or down?
Women. Belong in the bedroom or the kitchen?
Bogies. Roll & flick or just wipe?
Spurs fans. Treat kindly or make their life a misery?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-01-2002, 07:55 AM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Well, just post something like, "I am a Wiccan. Want to make somethin' out of it?" But, don't expect for me to post on it!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 05-01-2002, 07:57 AM   #8
Lord Shield

The toilet paper debate never gets heated, Donut. As for he women one that will end up with TheThing being hammered and the thread locked within 5 minutes

Old 05-01-2002, 07:58 AM   #9
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
The toilet paper debate never gets heated, Donut. As for he women one that will end up with TheThing being hammered and the thread locked within 5 minutes
mmm ...

lol
Old 05-01-2002, 08:01 AM   #10
Luther
Manshoon

Back during the old September 11 debacle there were a sh*tload of heated arguments going on. Mostly terrorism/Afghanistan/USA foreign policy related. So maybe dig one of those babies up eh? Maybe something along the lines of the 'justification of terrorism', the 'morality of "peacekeeping"'. Or, now that Israel and Palestine are drawing blood from each others' throats more frequently than ever try posting something 'controversial' about that. Oh, and Americans especially love talking it up when it comes their ideals, so try striking a few nerves around that area too.