Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-30-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
puzzled

I`ve got over level drain, energy drain, and now one of my characters is diseased. I`ve tried minor restoration spell without success. Will this disease go away or do I have to go to a save game?
Some of my team have constitution etc. figures in red. Is there a reason for this?
I tried the familiar spell but all that happened was a flash of lighting and nothing else. How is it supposed to work?
I`m afraid I can`t read the manual as the print is so small, a pair of binoculars would be needed.
By the way, I`m in the underdark at the moment.
Cheers,
David

Old 01-30-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

Have you got an elixer of health (purple,pink bottle)? Or if you've got a character that has a cure disease spell. (Jaheira, Anomen Aerie). Your familiar probably failed because your under the effect of something. When your familiar dies you lose a constitution point permanently.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:56 PM   #3
masteraleph
Elminster

Cast cure disease or use an elixer of health on the disease (to avoid it again, avoid engaging undead- especially mummies- at melee range, use ranged weapons). The figures in red mean they're being magically affected by something (i.e., gauntlets of ogre power, girdle of whatever strength, that 18 charisma ring you get early one, etc). As to the familiar, if you have something on you (like a disease) it may not work. Also, I think it only works for the pc, so if you tried it with an npc that it wouldn't work.