Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 10:37 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have been romancing Jaheira, and as many of you probably know, things have been interesting.

Spoilers!
-
--
---
----
-----
-----
----
---
--
-

I have just spoken with "Terminsel," and have recieved a nice pin for Jaheira. My question is, does this end the romance? If it does, I may finally be able to go on to Chap. 7, as this is what I've been waiting on. If this is not the end, will it be apparent when that time comes? Pleae, no spoilers!

Thanks!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:22 PM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

Yes thats the end of the Romance in SoA. If you do end up wanting spoilers or more info on romances go to gamefaqs
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:31 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

If you want to be completely sure you should rest one more time, but that's it. You finally made it through the bugfest that is the Jaheira Romance/Harper Plot [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 06:11 AM   #4
Whailor

Actually, in patched game, there are no bugs whatsoever in Jaheira romance. Though, come to think of it, I had none even in unpatched game, ages ago, when SOA was just released [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #5
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
Actually, in patched game, there are no bugs whatsoever in Jaheira romance.
You should be so lucky! [img]tongue.gif[/img] With a patched game I could never finish the Jaheria Romance because of a bug. Wishfull thinking on your part there I think [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2003, 01:34 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
Actually, in patched game, there are no bugs whatsoever in Jaheira romance.
You should be so lucky! [img]tongue.gif[/img] With a patched game I could never finish the Jaheria Romance because of a bug. Wishfull thinking on your part there I think [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]But the official patch (for ToB, I think) fixes this, so why can't you get it done?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:02 PM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I don't know. I tried the romance twice and both times I got a dialog repeating bug. It would keep repeating the same conversation and not move onto the next one, I suppose I perhaps could have used the CLUA to fix it but frankly I'm not an expert in such matters.

It never really bothered me though because I don't really care for the romances!
Old 11-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #8
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Spoiler(ish?).....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I had that problem with her as well when she would keep repeating the same romance dialogue over and over. I think it was because I was in the underdark and the next dialogue was for the man to come and take her away. I figured it was because the game didn't want to take her away halfway through the underdark. Anyway, if she could find a way out to get to the harper hold, couldn't we follow her? So the 'romance timer' was up and it was time for the next dialogue. It couldn't let her go so it just repeated the last one. I think this was your problem, but it is just a theory.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

The dialog repeating was indeed always in the
* location spoiler*
Underdark for me. But when I got back on the surface she still kept repeating the same dialog...

I'm not sure there's a way to fix it without using the CLUA...