Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #11
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I still don't see how baseing your opinion on the community by

1. your class (everyone played bad classes in the first week as it was a new game)
2. Only playing in the first year.

I've never had a problem with the community as a whole during festivals and even found myself in a good guild of 80+ players.

EVERY MMO or CORPG has its bad apples and elitist pricks, just ignore & move on.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You are a very lucky then. I tend to wander into a party of wild animals whenever I play MMOs.

Probably why I stick with single player games since i quitted WoW.

Last edited by Kakero; 08-27-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #13
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well you should like GW 2.

It is solo able via the personal story line and the open event system means you don't have to turn up with a full party as everyone is looking to help. EXP & loot are equally shared so no one can loot camp or kill steal as there is no motivation to do so.

Events scale with participants so if you’re the only one, or one of a 100 then it will scale accordingly.

Davros, Mouse & I will probably be starting GW 2 from Day 1. Might even get Dave the Quack out of retirement. Im sure Kyrvias & Luvian will be there as well.

If you have GW 1 with the Eye of the North Expansion it will allow you to fill your Hall of Monuments. Each completed achievement will generate points for you to receive a "reward" in GW2. No further details thatn that have been released.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #14
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-D-C View Post
Davros, Mouse & I will probably be starting GW 2 from Day 1. Might even get Dave the Quack out of retirement. Im sure Kyrvias & Luvian will be there as well.
You betcha. And really, that's the thing I really liked about guild wars. The entire thing was solo-able (With heroes and henchmen).

The only times I actually took a party during campaign was one comprised of guildmates. Usually I just take my heroes, and talk in guild chat whilst doing a campaign.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #15
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I'll be there as close to startup/launch day as possible

As for the "rewards" from the HoM that may be available to GW1 players returning for GW2, there is a whole lot of speculation going about.

My take (and I think this is backed up by some statements from Anet) is that there will be nothing carried over that will put completely new players at a disadvantage compared to GW1 players. Anet is not going to jeopardise the success of GW2 by having a significant part of their target market feel like second class players.

My best guess is that there may be some skins/starter titles/minor items available or possibly a quest or two linked to the HoM.

Therefore, I'm kind of relaxed avout filling my own HoM. However, that may change

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #16
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah its not going to be eanything major, mini pet, new skin something like that.