Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-22-2004, 09:20 AM   #21
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I don't really like it and I often click desktop if it happens. I mean I see it as none of their business, although there are some people I dont mind looking. I strongly agree about the non-forum-members issue though, some people who don't know about forums often find it very strange, that is when I like to use the show desktop item. I always explain to them about the place though, I just don't show them what Im postin.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I generally don't like anyone reading over my shoulder, unless it's a group response kind of thing. Otherwise, I'm forming my words, and what I'm typing now may not be the end result.

For folks looking over your shoulder, Windows-M is quicker (if you're typing) than Show Desktop. It minimizes all windows.

And Wellard, you can use profiles for other guests. Then if he wants to hunt up your private documents, he'll have to go search for them. If you have a network of any kind, you can store them on another machine that the guest profile can't access. Your wife can still have access under her profile (or you can share one), but mine likes different wallpaper, so we have two of them. She doesn't like LK's Sporadic Space Photos as much as I do...

'Course, when I have folks over, they can use the kids' computers. I don't care what they see or find on those...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #23
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

hey Bungleau, thanks for the windows-M thing, I never knew about that one!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Even better, if you have MS intellimouse with software just reprogram one button to be minimise all. Very useful.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #25
Stratos
Vampire

The only place there's a risk that someone looks over my shoulder and read what I post is at work. I don't really mind it much, I just stop typing, but it becomes a bit annoying when they start to read the post aloud in front of everyone in the break room. Because of this, and the level of maturity of some of my co-workers, post like the ones I've posted on, say, the gay marriage threads in the CE forum, I tend to post at home.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #26
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I don't like it at ALL. Especially when they start to read it aloud. Sometimes i get so mad i just quit Word and I wont save. But the Win-M is cool too
Old 02-22-2004, 04:38 PM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I feel like Epona does - looking over my shoulder is an invasion of my personal space and privacy in any situation rather than feeling uncomfortable that people can see me posting on this site in particular. Whether I'm reading a book, watching TV, playing a computer game or cooking, knowing someone is watching me do it is unsettling. And while Mel is right, this is a public site and lots of people I don't have any idea about are reading what I'm writing, I don't necessarily want them seeing the process of writing a post - deciding what to say, fixing spelling errors, deleting crap bits and so on.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I feel the exact same way, Nerull. It does bug me...
Does Choc do that alot, Ziroc? Well...he is member number 1.

What else do you expect from our founder?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I can imagine Choc walking on Ziroc's keyboard. I don't know if that counts or not. When I was living at home, Max was the only one there allowed to bug me when I was posting.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:27 PM   #30
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I really dislike it when people look over my shoulder when I'm doing anything. Drawing, writing, schoolwork, typing, anything. It feels like an invade upon my privacy and I like my privacy. I especially hate the people who say "I'm not moving til you show me what you were looking at." I was having a convo with this really cute girl and my cousin screwed EVERYTHING up for me.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi