Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

First of all, i know wut u think, and no, it does not belong in the Tob forum. It belongs here, cuz SoA is wut corralates to the subject. Now, (SPOILER FOR NEWBIES) u know the lich in the Gate district in the tavern, secret door, first floor. Well, i go down with my new adventuring party, Rats evil assassin. And i go down, see the lich and as soon as he starts castin his spells, i usually run up to stop them. Only this time, more liches came in, until i had Zounds of Liches, and i kept runnin up and down, up and down. I counted and i counted 24Liches!!!!!!! THis happened to my brother, only he had five, and he could kill them. I couldn't even hit them when their contigencies ran out! i take it was a bug. if u have any info tell me. Just wanted to tell u guys.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-29-2001, 08:20 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

yes, this was a bug. i have ToB and i didnt happen to me. if it did tho ... id kill them all like the god i am. er, i mena, die horribly. if it happened to your bro as well then i guess theres a currupt file or a bad install somewhere - cant think where tho.

i assume you are using the latst patch?
Old 10-29-2001, 08:26 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

SAME THING happened to me. I walked in to say hello and maybegank the staff of the magi and then BAM like 10 hardcore spell casters were there as well as a beholder. they cast like 3 time stops in a row on me. not really something level 12 guys can compete with. I went back in there and there they were again, and they whooped me. I went back later on and i cast a ton of spells on my leader kensai/mage and set about murdering. I turned those lich into meat salad in about 3 minutes. I thought it was fun, but really really hard. It took me about 10 tries to beat it, at different stages through chapters 2 & 3

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
Old 10-29-2001, 08:29 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wut latst patch, cuz i don't look at this stuff. It'll be good if it happened to u guys, only like five apeared, like to my brother. Cuz u can kill them, and get dirty rich off of five rods of terror, rings of invisibility, ect.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-29-2001, 08:51 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

look, if your playing a game and run into a bug, the first thign you do is try again, the second is go to the web page ( www.bioware.com in this case) and look for patches. now that we know that half-wit-inbred-retard chala is just a troll, there isnt anything to fear.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:56 PM   #6
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, I think I've read of a problem like this one before (involving tons of liches too). But the latest official patch didn't fix it, I think the guy had to uninstall then reinstall the whole program. Musta been a corrupt file or something. Since the idea of reinstalling SoA and ToB seems really bad, try getting the patch at:

http://www.bioware.com/bg2tob/bg2tobpatch.shtml

If that doesn't work out, then I guess you'd really have to reinstall everything, but don't take my word for it.

Note: always make backup copies of your saved games. They're rather small in sizes and wouldn't be burdensome. Learned that the hard way. Good Luck!!!