Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-23-2000, 01:20 PM   #1
fitz

Does anyone know whether there are spell creation and item creation kits in the the tool sets provided to the DM? One of my favorite elements of BG and BGII has been custom spells and items. As a DM, one of the best ways to get players to truly care about completing the quest before them is by holding a powerful item or spell as a carrot in front of their noses, so to speak.

Any comments?
Old 12-23-2000, 03:02 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

think so. Im going to make my friends wary of powerfull items because of *"intresting"* curses. (Such as the one I made which changes you into a Beserking Pig!)
Old 12-31-2000, 04:44 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I'm interested how the game / player balance will play out myself. I've spent around 8-10 yrs running and playing online MUD's, and the power-equipment spiral is always a teaser. Players always want bigger badder better, the problem being that of making the game sufficiently difficult without spiralling dangerously out of control. The vault system is a big question mark in my mind, and I haven't found too many answers to how characters will be policed from the official forums. We'll see..
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 10:51 PM   #4
Mortis Metacarpus

Jon, how the hell did you do that? There aren't even any pigs in the game... are there?
Old 01-01-2001, 02:25 PM   #5
Jon the Hell Caster

Mortais the curse I made involved loading .cre files, converting using Bifstripper and 50 other annoying things. If you really want t oknow email me at yos@gis.net
Old 01-02-2001, 06:55 AM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yeah i know what you mean Asphyxiate
Baldur's gate went a bit on overload
I mean You get 120000 per person just for killing Bodhi
That doesn't seem right
or getting 9000 XP just for learning a spell
You souldn't be abl;e to get to level 18 mage in 93 days
it would take a normal half-god 93 years
Rikard T'Aranaxz is offline   Reply With Quote