Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-15-2001, 08:15 AM   #1
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi all! I've been following the discussion about the mantraps for a while now and feel that I must tell you how I defeated one of them. Maybe this will be a classic story in the annals of this forum *smiling humbly*
However, use this technique on your own risk

I was running for my towards the Castle in a vain attempt to escape these hideous creatures. Being out of other options I entered the castle through the rift in the wall... I needed to go there anyway to complete my ninja quest. When I lowered the drawbridge at Shuregeon Ruins it accidently landed on the surprised mantrap, pushing it into the moat, and trapping it beneath the bridge. Heh, now it was the mantrap which was trapped!!! I approached it cautiously afraid of its nasty spells, but found out that it couldn't reach me. So with a yell of joy I ran onto the bridge and hacked it to bits with my sword through the wood of the drawbridge.

Who said that it was impossible to beat the mantraps in one-to-one combat

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:43 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!

Great story, Jazzid!!! THanks for sharing that one!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 12:34 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

LOL good one. Let it be heard that the new strategy of choice for dealing with mantraps is to entrap them below the Shurugeon Castle bridge and wack them to death
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 04:55 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Now THAT has to be the most unique method for killing a Mantrap that I ever heard of! ROFL!

I have scaled the wall before at the "breach" in the back and followed it along to the front, and killed the Mantraps from on high before as well...but yours should win an award!

DANG but I wish you had gotten a screenshot of the trapped Mantrap! What a GS Examiner that would have been!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

an easier way is to cast buring haze and meterostorm and that will take them out fast
KAR_MOD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:06 PM   #6
Jazzid
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

DANG but I wish you had gotten a screenshot of the trapped Mantrap! What a GS Examiner that would have been!

-Sazerac
Sorry Saz, didn't think of it at that time... but I will consider taking screen shots of wierd events during my further adventures. I always have a tendency to do things in an opposite way to what they should have been done
//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote