Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-14-2001, 01:01 PM   #51
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Don't worry about it, hon. I think people are still edgy after the last few weeks. I do understand what LadyZ is saying though. Sometimes I feel like not expressing my beliefs because it seems to be open season on religion. That effect has built up a bit this last month with the large number of posts and serious discussions being made, and some of us may really be more sensitive than we usually are. I think it will pass! The members of IW are almost always thoughtful and caring, no matter what their religious/philisophical beliefs so I doubt anything bad was intended.

I can see where it was a serious good vs. evil post and maybe some folks who don't believe in the premise just find it easier to joke! At any rate, don't worry, I think people are either answering you in the tone you asked the question or just joshing around because the topic doesn't really effect them due to their belief systems. I don't think anyone meant to offend anyone else, least of all you!

Cloudy

True 'nuff, O Cloudy One!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-14-2001, 01:08 PM   #52
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:

So, to play along...if I had one wish that I absolutely knew he would grant without fear of repercussions then I would selfishly wish for the cancer in my little sister's head to disapear.
That's not selfish. And I am very sorry to hear about your sister. I really hope it is cureable and she gets well fast. I'm sure all the people who pray will pray for her if you post a thread about it. I'll contribute some positive thinking sent her way.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-14-2001, 01:10 PM   #53
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
If you met with the devil....
I would say 'How's it goin', Lucifer? Feelin' horny?'

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-14-2001, 02:19 PM   #54
trux

I would wish to be a mage--now, today, I'd be the only mage and it would be great.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 10-14-2001, 02:43 PM   #55
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
I would wish to be a mage--now, today, I'd be the only mage and it would be great.

To be the only mage, you'd have to kill all the other mages off! Lots of real life white magic mages about, (probably lots of the other sort too, but I wouldn't know about that...)

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-14-2001, 02:50 PM   #56
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

Oh, and on the gender issue, it's completly impossible that God if it exsist, could be female... Because no woman would or could screw something she creates up like that.

Two points here - a. screwed what up? Nothing wrong with the universe as far as I can see...... As I look around me, all the crap I see happening is as a result of people 'screwing things up' - in other words, of people living their lives, making mistakes, and, sometimes, learning to do better. If giving humankind free will was 'screwing things up', then yes, 'god' screwed up. So, lets all kill ourselves right now, as soon as we've programmed the robots to replace us, that will do only good. (Difficult. One programmers good might be another programmers heinous evil.... )

b. I do kind of take issue issue with your point about women not being able to screw up their creations. Is that so? What about all the unhappy and abused (by their mothers) children in the world, then? Have you ever ready a book called 'A child called it'?

Just my £2,000 worth......

------------------

Old 10-14-2001, 04:05 PM   #57
Lord Shield

I'd get premonition and super-powers

Then I would help EVERYBODY in the world so he COULDN'T get their souls

A fair price I think

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-14-2001, 06:54 PM   #58
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I'd get premonition and super-powers

Then I would help EVERYBODY in the world so he COULDN'T get their souls

A fair price I think

But then you'd get very resentful eventually that you didn't have YOUR soul, and you were the only person in the world that didn't. Even the nicest person would turn bitter and twisted.....

------------------

Old 10-14-2001, 07:13 PM   #59
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
But then you'd get very resentful eventually that you didn't have YOUR soul, and you were the only person in the world that didn't. Even the nicest person would turn bitter and twisted.....

I would kill myself before I got THAT twisted - nobody else would get hurt from it

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness