Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-10-2001, 06:01 AM   #11
Epona
Zartan

I never had anything good to say about Haer'dalis because of his low HP. Having tried him a few times now, I would like to take this opportunity to say I was wrong. With the offensive spin skill he attacks very quickly and doing a fair bit of damage. He is an actor, and as a role playing character he is believable, why would an actor have a high constitution and strength? He probably spends most of his day in wardrobe and makeup, not hitting the weights

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm currently playing an all FEMALE party.

My female Paladin,
Aerie,
Jaheira,
Mazzy,
Nalia,
and Imoen.

Heh heh.
Old 06-10-2001, 08:42 AM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I stick up for my own character..he's a bastard child of a god of murder, has people hunting him left and right, evil wizards do terrible experiments on him and his friends, he is probably the most noticed figure in the region of Amn, all his actions are more carefully scrutinised than any other, and he has to die countless times for idiot gamers like us who put him through the dumbest things. Give the guy a break!

------------------
Why?
Old 06-10-2001, 08:47 AM   #14
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i will now stick up for the WS kit. i mean, whats the deal with bashing him? he gets 2% MR per lvl (this will be fixed in ToB), he has the same thac0 and weapons as a fighter, and he only cant use magical bracers, ammys, rings, cloaks, and girdles! but most of those items suck anyways, so it doesnt matter! he gets the same bonuses in combat as a regular fighter, but the no potions thing is just a bit of a setback, and only a quitter would just give up on a class after starting him. with the right equipment, he kicks ass! without it, any class sucks!

and i would like to remind leagle NOT to bash any NPC, class, or whatever on this thread, cuz were supposed to be sticking up for them!
Old 06-10-2001, 09:31 AM   #15
Volourn
Manshoon

Nalia is great! She has a great ring, very good history, and good history. I wish she was a romance option. Oh well. However, she does tend to whine a little bit. I can handle it.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:46 AM   #16
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>

i think aerie is one of the best NPC's. i saythis because she has good spellcasting abilities for both mage and cleric. and after the underdark if you equip her with the fortress shield, the robe of vecna and crom faer then she can also be a good tank. so she's either one of the best or the best NPC

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 06-10-2001, 10:43 PM   #17
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not to be off topic, but I want to thank everyone who posted a reply here. This is the first time one of my post got above 10 (with the little flame on the folder, that is cool). I know it sounds real stupid, but I'm happy I've finally reached that. Oh well.

Now, on topic, I really thought Aerie was a good character. She's got priest and mage spells, and her HP really was never a problem, since she shouldn't be in the frontlines anyway. Her romance was nicely done too, very innocent and sweet.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:51 AM   #18
Docjest
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I stick up for Aerie because she wants to sleep with me!!!

------------------
It's tough to keep your feet dry while you're kicking in a skull.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:59 AM   #19
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I'm currently playing an all FEMALE party.

My female Paladin,
Aerie,
Jaheira,
Mazzy,
Nalia,
and Imoen.

Heh heh.
You've obviously completed the game several times and are trying to make it a bit more difficult by playing as women folk then! for all you feminists out there, it's only a joke.