Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
D*Ranged

Okay, I dunno if this topic is appropriate here...but do u guys play Magic the Gathering at all?
Old 05-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Oooh! Oooh! I do!
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ya..umm..I've played it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:
Oooh! Oooh! I do!
Well, someone's excited to find another MTG player.

What type of deck do you play?
Mine's a mono-black weenie deck. [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 04:25 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

I played but haven't done it for over a year now. Had some funny decks, blue counter (all counter except for millstones ), blue green, black-white token, white-blue weenie, red suicide
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #6
D*Ranged

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I played but haven't done it for over a year now. Had some funny decks, blue counter (all counter except for millstones ), blue green, black-white token, white-blue weenie, red suicide
Hee hee hee... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Some funny decks there...but you will NEVER beat this: A Type 1 all artifact deck (I played this a long time ago but had to quit after a while...). Just any combination of 5 manas and any random creatures and artifacts...of course, I got my sorry but kicked god-knows-how-many-times...
Old 05-02-2004, 06:11 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

I've played from Exodus till Apocalypse. I have some cards from earier editions but not too much and most are common. Since invasion I found cards got weaker or got a lot of the same old stuff.

The decks are funny, but like the counter deck wasn't fun to play. I countered everything except for lands (which I returned to their owner's hand). My favourites are the red suicide, in which I barely have cards that benefit me. They just take down everyone, like flame rift. The black-white deck was quite strong (till everyone started to create decks especially to counter it). I used phyrexian arenas to draw a lot of cards and used white creatures that gave life for all cards discarded. The discarded cards gave creatures for which I got life for via another creature. With an enchantment I could tap all the opposing creatures so my opponent couldn't attack. It was great to see how many people thought I'd kill myself with the phyrexian arenas when I was at 1 life never forget some people's looks when I discarded my full hand to get all my life back and a load of creatures in play. Maybe I still have the deck list somewhere I could post it?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:31 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

I have been playing from Ice Age onwards with a break between Mirage and Prophecy. Right now I am playing Mono White Control in Type 2 and a weird combo deck in extended which still needs some polishing.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #9
D*Ranged

Mad

Well, I've made a black beats/weenie deck...and lovin' it as a casual. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

My main hitters are the lil' flyers... one I can pump power/toughness up provided I pay 1 life and a black mana per one, and the other which deals dmg equal to the no. of artifacts the opponent controls. Otherwise a golem who can't be blocked by non-black, non-artifact creatures (Fear ability).

Just got skullclamp today.
Such a hard toy to come by yet a REAL good one too...
Old 05-05-2004, 12:23 PM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

About skullclamp. It is overpowered, it is good and nearly every competitive deck uses 4 of it. I feel that it is going to go the smae way Fact or Fiction went. An expensive uncommon always hard to get. I mean $4 on average for an uncommon?
However there are risks getting them as there have been rumors of it getting banned in the future.

[ 05-05-2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote