Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I realize it is probably beyond my meager computer skills, but I am interested in designing a character Mod for BGII. I want to create a representative of the much-maligned Wizard Slayer kit to add an extra challenge to the mages in the game.

I've dreamed up some nice items for him and he will hopefully be strong enough to challenge an entire party. I will play around with the IEEP Pro version to see if I can actually create these items and get them to work. But I know very little about creating the different dialogues and interactions he would have to go through.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

I've started to mod only recently, too, but still have difficulties with simple stuff.
The most powerful tool for dialogs is WeiDU.
Find tutorials at TeamBG, check ForgottenWars project ForgottenWars Studios and TeamBG forums.
People there are always ready to help us newbies. Ask there for guidelines and advices.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks for the help, Vedran.

I followed the links and read one of the tutorials. Judging from that, it really shouldn't be too difficult to do. The first step will be to create the items I dreamed up using Infinity Pro and see if I can make them work. Then it will be time to create the Wizard Slayer himself.

One advantage is that he will not be an NPC....he will be a "roving enemy" similar to the Acid Kensai. And like our friend from the Far East, he will show up after the party or character gains a specific item. Since he won't be joining the party, I don't have to worry about creating a huge cache' of dialogue options.

This will also finally give all the mage-lovers who say that the Wizard Slayer wouldn't stand a chance against a high level spellcaster a chance to prove they're right....and give me a chance to prove they're wrong.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Well, WS is powerful, but player mage (high level one) would kill even a 40th level WS with ease.
  • Mantle, Stoneskin or Mirror Image
  • Lower MR
  • Plenty of tactics.
You would probably have to make him a cheater as Kuroisan is (sword that grants Imunity: abjuration while equiped ).
BTW, I liked your previous sig more. The one about Jesus and love.

[ 01-09-2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #5
jcompton
Elminster

Don't know if this is the one you found, but the definitive NPC tutorial is here.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Well, WS is powerful, but player mage (high level one) would kill even a 40th level WS with ease.
  • Mantle, Stoneskin or Mirror Image
  • Lower MR
  • Plenty of tactics.
You would probably have to make him a cheater as Kuroisan is (sword that grants Imunity: abjuration while equiped ).
BTW, I liked your previous sig more. The one about Jesus and love.
Well, I don't consider protective items or spells to be cheating...especially when you face the potential of 6 to 1 odds. I don't know of any member here who just runs up the stairs in the Guarded Compound or enters the Twisted Rune without casting as many spells and drinking as many potions as possible beforehand.
Will my Wizard Slayer have custom items to help his skills? You better believe it.
Will he be "beatable"? Of course. There isn't a person, creature, monster, or group in BGII that can't be defeated with the proper tactics and experience.
Will he be "easily beatable"? I certainly hope not. I hope he will be even harder to beat than the Acid Kensai. But his sword is not nearly as powerful as the Sanchu katana.

On the topic of my sig - I'm flattered that you liked my previous sig. I really had to "play around" with it because the original .jpg was done in pink - not blue. I was very proud that I managed to change that around. I'm sorry you don't like my current one as much, but I tend to "rotate" my sigs every so often. So the previous sig will eventually be back sometime in the future.

Thanks for all of your comments. I appreciated them. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]