Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 01-29-2002, 11:10 PM   #1
Lawson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a stickler for playing games right. Making sure I get everything done and in the right way. I'm currently following Kolos around level 17 and I've found an Elixir of Vitality. Is this important to a quest or is it just something I use? If I'm supposed to use it, what exactly does it do? The name being Vitality I'd assume it either increases my Vitality permenately or temporarily. Am I right?

Also, as I get further into the game, my suspicion that I have really sucky armor and weapon grows stronger. I don't have a problem with most of the bad guys, one whack and their usually dust (except those annoying snakes..I can never see them until they poison me)..I usually drop my old armor for stuff I find with higher AC and Durability..maybe it's just me because I'm unfamiliar with all the upgrading and repairing process? It just seems like I lose Health very fast.

I also feel like I'm at a very low level (25 or so), I kill every bad guy I come across and more usually than not I clear out all of a dungeon looking for treasures. So I can't see how I CAN be at a higher level but the spell books I'm finding (just found the book of Stone) required 105 Magic minimum..I'm only at 50 of so on all of my upgradable stats.

Last, and definately least, what do I do with all the quest items I don't need anymore? Like the Celestrial Swoad, for example? Things that no one will buy are currently in a pile on the ground in the middle of town. For space, money, and experience I also return the things to the townsfolk are looking for to them..but there are still things just sitting on the ground that nobody asked for.

P.S..(random comment) Is it just me, or are the Gorgons WAY too easy?*LOL*
Old 01-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lawson:
I'm a stickler for playing games right. Making sure I get everything done and in the right way. I'm currently following Kolos around level 17 and I've found an Elixir of Vitality. Is this important to a quest or is it just something I use? If I'm supposed to use it, what exactly does it do? The name being Vitality I'd assume it either increases my Vitality permenately or temporarily. Am I right?

Drink it for a permanent increase in Vitality
quote:

Also, as I get further into the game, my suspicion that I have really sucky armor and weapon grows stronger. I don't have a problem with most of the bad guys, one whack and their usually dust (except those annoying snakes..I can never see them until they poison me)..I usually drop my old armor for stuff I find with higher AC and Durability..maybe it's just me because I'm unfamiliar with all the upgrading and repairing process? It just seems like I lose Health very fast.

As a general tactic, at low levels, I always completely repair all my items when I return to town. You can get a benefit from upgrading, but remember to keep a close eye on your items. As a rule of thumb I wouldn't upgrade beyond 50 durability.
quote:

I also feel like I'm at a very low level (25 or so), I kill every bad guy I come across and more usually than not I clear out all of a dungeon looking for treasures. So I can't see how I CAN be at a higher level but the spell books I'm finding (just found the book of Stone) required 105 Magic minimum..I'm only at 50 of so on all of my upgradable stats.

Have patience - eventually you will get sufficient stats to allow you to read these books. Another way is to hang onto any magic stat boosting items you find / steal and boost your stats that way.
quote:

Last, and definately least, what do I do with all the quest items I don't need anymore? Like the Celestrial Swoad, for example? Things that no one will buy are currently in a pile on the ground in the middle of town. For space, money, and experience I also return the things to the townsfolk are looking for to them..but there are still things just sitting on the ground that nobody asked for.

Once you have used them in the Quests, these items are utterly useless - drop them on the ground and ignore them if you can't sell them [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Happy hunting!

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #3
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Perry the Publican will buy most of these items - he should have an option for Sell Artifacts. At least, I know this to be true in the playstation version, but I haven't played the PC version yet...
SamHClam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 05:19 AM   #4
Veteran_Warrior
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well this is what i do with extra stuff... like to many life and antidotes bottles in the beginning... extra jewelry....and of course the extra indestructable goodies that are no longer needed...

(speaking softly now so Drak doesn't hear... i store extra stuff at level 1... i even pick up the extra prisms because they light the dreary areas of level 1 very nicely)

.... works nice when you find a nice magic book or a great piece of armor that you can't use just yet...
Veteran_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote