Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 01-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
Stygius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hail and well met to all you Bravehearts!

1. Where and how do you obtain youth potions to counteract aging?
2. I assume they are very expensive... how much do they cost?
3. Is there any other way to obtain a youth potion if you can't
afford its cost?
4. Is there another way to counteract aging, and, if so, what is it
and how do you accomplish this.

Thanks much in advance for your help!
Stygius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

And welcome to you Stygius [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] - hope you enjoy your time here at IW. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for your questions...........

You can generally buy youth potions at Elmeric's at higher levels. They cost 100k reducing to 90k if you have the max Trade skill.

They can also be obtained during the "Langolin" quest and in Draak's Dungeon in the Fireball/Scorpion room.

Very, very occasionally, they will drop from monsters, or from casks, chests etc.

Another method is to join a multiplayer game and ask nicely if anyone will give or sell you some [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are items that carry the "Eternal Youth" attribute. These should be treated with caution. Whilst they will counteract the external signs of ageing, horrible stories exist of players taking off such an item and reverting to a real age of 100+ and being irrevocably dead [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Finally, look on the bright side - when you reach the level 100, you no longer age and therefore no longer need youth potions

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Whilst they will counteract the external signs of ageing

A question : what are those effects? I never really dared letting my age increase too much, I tried to stay around 20/25 all the time. What does age do whenit gets really high?
Old 02-04-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by WZ:

A question : what are those effects? I never really dared letting my age increase too much, I tried to stay around 20/25 all the time. What does age do whenit gets really high?

Eventually (I think around age 60) your stats start to drop. At 100 you die from old age [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:16 AM   #5
Balgin
Elminster

There is a fifth way to get gold and potions if you know how to use the quest editor. Someone (can't remember who) made a quest with a house outside town that contained two books/scrolls (depending on what you had) and two of each elixir (one of each ability and youth). Even if you didn't drink these, export the character and start the same adventure again- you'd be able to sell them for a lot of money (the quest was, unsurprisingly, unfinished). Even if you don't know how to use the QE you can still use that adventure as long as you have the latest patch and theQE. I'll happily make "munchkin" item grabbing quests to order (although I can't do magic items)if you realy want but it's a lot easier than you think (as long as you get all the torch brackets coming out of the walls and not hovering next to them etc ).
Old 02-22-2002, 11:18 PM   #6
Veteran_Warrior
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's fun when you find potions and elixers in the game... but watch out!

If you start a new game... like trying the expert level... all that old age comes back... it seems that it ages you 1 year for each potion.

bummer.
Veteran_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #7
Foucter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Of course, I've always found Darkstone's aging system to be very unrealistic. You just seem to age faster than you should. That's why in my quest building, I give the opportunity to find potions of youth to offset the aging thing.
Foucter is offline   Reply With Quote