Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 03-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #1
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

... so I've gotten the quest for Level 20 with Langolin, where you must find the potions of immortality and give him the crystal of wisdom. I was a bit sleepy when I played the game, so I went ahead and gave him the items in Omar after finishing Level 19 (before finding the note that says you should not give him the items). so now it seems I am without the crystal of wisdom - is there any way to get it back?

I have gone back to Marghor (where I got the crystal) and Lucy is just happily holding her baby that I rescued - she did not give me the crystal again. I can't seem to find it anywhere, and dummyhead me saved the game after giving away the crystal, so I'm stuck in this world, minus the crystal. I'm hoping for a solution, other than abandoning this quest and starting a new one. hopefully someone can help... please...
SamHClam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Kill Langolin [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did kill him in Level 20 (right outside the crystal room). He didn't give it to me (that I could tell). I'll go through it again to make sure I didn't miss something, but I figured that was the solution before, and I swear he didn't give me the crystal back...
Old 03-03-2002, 03:43 PM   #4
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes, I have just gone through again. Langolin is blocking the entrance to the small room that contains the 5th crystal that you get on Level 20. after killing him, he just dropped some gold pieces. there is no crystal of wisdom in this room. I tried going back to Mrs. Argansa, but he just says "good morning to you". the crystal of wisdom had to be put back somewhere...but where? surely I'm not the only person ever to give the crystal to Langolin before going to Level 20... I'm playing the playstation game, if that matters. I would really appreciate if anyone who knows could tell me where to find the crystal of wisdom now. otherwise, it looks like I'll have to abandon this quest now... sigh. thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry if my last attempt at help was a bit short (and obviously not all that helpful ).

Unless there is a bug in the PS version, killing Langolin should cause him to drop the crystal he stole.

I am puzzled [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:36 PM   #6
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah, I guess I found a bug. sigh. oh well, time to start another quest (I was ready for a tougher one anyways...) thanks for the info, though.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:40 AM   #7
SamHClam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so...shortly before I gave up on this quest, I decided it would be fun to walk around Ardyl without a weapon, and start punching Wasps and Goblins with my bare hands (which do a massive 6 points of damage [img]smile.gif[/img] so I happened to run into Rob and Ernie (I saved their wives from being stoned by Mika the witch earlier) and Ernie gave me the crystal of wisdom back. I'm not sure why I thought I had gotten the crystal of wisdom in levels 9-12, but checking my notes again, it was indeed levels 1-4. so yeah, Ernie just gave it back to me. so this quest isn't a waste after all! YAY! [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks for all the help, mouse.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:24 AM   #8
Veteran_Warrior
Elite Waterdeep Guard

trust Sebastion...everyone else bombs away!
Veteran_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote