Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 01-27-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
Lawson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been playing the game for about two days now and everything is going fine. I'm in the land of Marghor going through levels 9-12 to retrieve the baby from the burnt down village. Anyway, those darned bats keep killing me. My main question is what is the Resurrection spell good for? You die and can't use it. In the manual it says the Resurrection spell revives your character. But how? I'm a thief, do you have to be a monk/priestess wizard/sorceress to be able to use it?

And, I'm looking for confermation on an armor issue. On the right side of my screen my armor/weapon will show up in red. Does this mean the durability is wearing out? If so, the realisticness of that in this game sucks..my armor doesn't last long and I'm broke with a falling apart cloak and weapon.

If anyone can tell me an easy way past the bats..I'd be grateful for that too!

Thanking you muchly in advance,
Lawson
Old 01-28-2002, 03:02 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Resurrection works to revive other characters - i.e. you can select one character to cast it on another dead character. You can't self-revive, but if you are playing with two characters, one can revive the other (I hope that made sense [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img] )

Bats are annoying little buggers Best advice for a low level character is to hit and run, preferably with a ranged weapon.

Sorry, red items are bad news You must learn in the early part of the game to husband your resources carefully. Pick up, repair and sell as much as you can and always remember to repair your armour, weapons etc. I know it may be tedious to keep returning to town, but believe me, soon(ish) you won't really worry about money.

Above all, don't be discouraged - soon you will be hacking and slashing everything in your path [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Have fun [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:46 PM   #3
Lawson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So, Resurrection is usless unless you're playing two characters? Or do you get more characters later in the game? I have an uncle who's played and finished DarkStone..he said he didn't think you picked up any other party members..which would make sense since I don't think I saw anything in the manual about secondary members unless you create them into your game..Which leaves Resurrectino usless in a one person game..Grrrr..right?

I probably am low-level 'cause I'm not very far into the game..I think my character is level 15 or 16, somewhere around there. Most my armor stays in good condition, get it fixed as quickly as possible..Nosferatu did demolish my shield however..With all the side-quests people in town give you I've got quite a bit of money saved up, most of it does go on potions though.

Anyway, for the question I have..Do people generally just keep upgrading their armor and all of that..or do they buy/find new and leave the old behind? Which way offers the best protection?
Old 01-29-2002, 03:20 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lawson:
So, Resurrection is usless unless you're playing two characters? Or do you get more characters later in the game? I have an uncle who's played and finished DarkStone..he said he didn't think you picked up any other party members..which would make sense since I don't think I saw anything in the manual about secondary members unless you create them into your game..Which leaves Resurrectino usless in a one person game..Grrrr..right?

Sadly, correct, though it is still of use in multiplayer games.

quote:

Anyway, for the question I have..Do people generally just keep upgrading their armor and all of that..or do they buy/find new and leave the old behind? Which way offers the best protection?

Until you get to Legend level, and the really good stuff is available to buy or steal, I would be inclined to see what you can buy or steal at the lower levels, and judge it against what you have rather than upgrading (and thus losing durability). As above, make sure you have a fair stash of cash so you won't experience the frustration of not being able to buy that really nice helmet Gunther has for sale....... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote