Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-13-2002, 09:53 PM   #1
chimera99
The Magister

All of the Wiz 8 classes are allowed in Wiz 7, however, you only get the basic classes at startup. I read that somewhere later, you could change to a more specialized class. However, what I haven't seen in the manual of website, is which basic class is required to later get the specialized class. Is there such a requirement, or maybe does how you assign skills as you level up eventually create the change?
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:08 PM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Class changing is somewhat different in Wiz 7/Wiz Gold. The only class that is not available on Wiz 7 is the gadgeteer. That was a new class in Wiz 8. Much like Wiz 8, everything depends on how many points you have in which stats. Unlike Wiz 8, however, there were many ways to increase your stats. When you leveled, random stats were increased and automatically assigned. If I saved before a fight, and during the fight I went up enough exp to level, then my stats were automatically assigned. going back to the save and doing the same fight might produce different stat. One time I might get +1 to Str and +1 to Vit and another time, from the exact same fight, I might only get +1 to Int.

(I realize that I am rambling, so let me get back to the point.) It is possible to have the elit classes from the very beginning, depending on the random roll of your bonus points. (I know people that managed to get the fairy ninja in the beginning, but it required a large number of bonus points that were very rare.) Often, if you did not like the bonus points or the Karma that was assigned, you just deleted the character and started over.

You could change professions at any time. Just go to the inventory screen, click on the portrait and choose "Profession." A list of all the professions that you can change to are listed. If yours stats are not high enough to make the minimum requirements for that class, is will not be listed.

I have rambled a bit, but I hope this helps.

Knarfling
Old 01-13-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
chimera99
The Magister

Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I'll try it out by "rerolling" until I get some unexpected class. That will make it a bit clearer.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:11 PM   #4
chimera99
The Magister

Ah, now I understand about getting the good roll. I just created a lizard fighter that got 18 bonus points and then an 18 karma. Too bad I can't clone that roll!
Old 01-14-2002, 07:46 AM   #5
Chaosopher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by chimera99:
Ah, now I understand about getting the good roll. I just created a lizard fighter that got 18 bonus points and then an 18 karma. Too bad I can't clone that roll!

Actually, you'll want a 'mix' of different Karma on characters in wiz7. It affected how NPCs talked to you as well. An npc with a low karma got along better with PCs with low karma. And I think the bonus points goes well above 18 iirc. Maybe 26? It's been a while since I played wiz7.
Chaosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 04:18 AM   #6
jfunk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That was one annoying thing in 7 was rerolling characters over and over. There is no "reroll" button, so it takes a LONG time.

However, it is worth it to get the characters you want to start.

Nothing is better than F-NINJA in wiz7. Takes like 26 bonus points to get though, so be prepared to spend like an hour trying to get it.

j
jfunk is offline   Reply With Quote