Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-10-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Alasdair Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

I've played BGII and beaten it a few times, but recently I tried re-installing it, got out of Irenicus' dungeon and such and left the promenade. Upon trying to enter the slums, it goes to the loading screen as usual, and right when it starts loading I get an error in Microsoft C++ Visual Library, or something of the likes. If anyone knows how to help me reply, and if you need more info on it i'll start up BGII and get the exact error and post it
\"I remember the feeling... I discovered solace, there. My only true taste of life was experienced in my death. I walked across the coldest shadows that your reality had taught me to fear... Your reality is now beneath me - And there it shall stay.\"<br />-Laisrean Shadowheart
Alasdair Shadowheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:49 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Nothing anyone can do if its a genuine bug in the BG2 source, which it isnt. Sounds like a corrupted data file so try re-installing the game.

Sucks that they coudnt put a proper error mesage in instead though.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:17 PM   #3
philip
Galvatron

I had this with either BG2 or Empire Earth can't remember which. Try to reinstall it first. For me it didn't work and I had to format my hard disk.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:25 PM   #4
Alasdair Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

I tried thinking back on anything I may have added recently, and I can to realize I added a few items to Override. I got rid of them and reinstalled, and its working now

Thanks for the help.
\"I remember the feeling... I discovered solace, there. My only true taste of life was experienced in my death. I walked across the coldest shadows that your reality had taught me to fear... Your reality is now beneath me - And there it shall stay.\"<br />-Laisrean Shadowheart
Alasdair Shadowheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:47 AM   #5
Gandar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had this same exact problem with BG1 and it turned out to be a scratch on one of the CD's,so I had it resurfaced and everything was fine. I had even tried doing a full custom install, but entering the same area as before caused the C++ Runtime Library error, so the scratch probably resulted in a corrupted file.
Gandar is offline   Reply With Quote