Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-04-2000, 10:36 PM   #1
jekwar

I just got this game and can't seem to find the third piece of the "Flail of the Ages"(I think that's what it's called?). I also missed the room with all the golems in it. Is this where that piece is? If so, is there anyway to go back and get it , or am I sh.. out of luck?

Old 10-05-2000, 12:35 AM   #2
i_am_goliath_one

After you find the key that gets you into the area where the steps to the lower basement are, there is a room on the left with some stone golems and an Iron Golem (i think). At the far end of the room there are three columns. One has the third piece of the flail and the other two have a +3 bow and +3 Axe. However once you have removed the treasure the golems will attack

Old 10-05-2000, 11:21 AM   #3
LARS SOLARIN

You guessed it! You get the 3rd section from the Golem room. Good luck with the Iron one.
Good Gamin
Lars

Old 10-05-2000, 05:26 PM   #4
Wretched

Here's a little hint for the golems, which might save you some trouble...

** SPOILER **

Instead of taking the treasure and preparing yourself for onslaught, just attack the golems yourself. This allows you to fight one at a time, and when I killed all but the Iron Golem, I took the flail head without waking him up.

Old 10-06-2000, 11:01 AM   #5
jlocher

I was able to take the piece without waking up the golems, maybe because yoshimo was stealthy, but i don't know if that was what did it. couldn't take anything else though

Old 10-07-2000, 05:53 AM   #6
mike
Welcomed New User

i got the items by casting sanctuary on my priest and walked in took what i wanted and walked right out..
Old 10-08-2000, 12:15 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Yep, sanctuary is your best friend as a cleric. You can use it to stay out of a battle and to help bolster the rest of your group. I've used Sanctuary with Righteous Might and IronSkin to make for a pretty good battle. My cleric can not be attacked until I get the first attack. It usually takes a bit before the IronSkins come down and then with Righteous might I max out on damage potential. I only get one of each because of my level, but it really helps on those really tough battles. I also use Sanctuary to scout as well. It works better than a thief with good stealth. I do have one other benefit as well. My cleric is a dual classed human. He used to be a ranger in BG1. So I gained stealth with my cleric abilities after I passed 7th level. Now if only they would let a ranger dual class to a Mage. ;o)