Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Friggin muslim disgrace ...

THE nation's only nuclear reactor and the Australian headquarters of American Express were likely to be targeted by terrorist clients of an accused arms dealer arrested in Sydney yesterday over the theft of five shoulder-fired rocket launchers.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...15-601,00.html

The Weekend Australian understands that building to be the 29-storey American Express headquarters on Liverpool Street in the central business district.

NSW counter-terrorism chief Nick Kaldas told Macquarie Radio yesterday that another target being considered was Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor. Targets in Martin Place, in the business heart of Sydney, were also allegedly considered

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am glad to hear that Nick Macquarie is doing a fine job.

By the way, I have a close friend that works in one of the airports in Sydney. If anything bad happens that has something to do with the airport facilities, please post it.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am glad to hear that Nick Macquarie is doing a fine job.

By the way, I have a close friend that works in one of the airports in Sydney. If anything bad happens that has something to do with the airport facilities, please post it.
I work at SYD airport for Qantas so I usually find out whats going on [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Can you imagine what would happen to Sydney if the nuclear reactor got damaged? 20% of the population of Australia live near that place (dumb ass place to build it) this is the second time that this pace has been involved in a terror plot!

Old 01-06-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
How do they know they are going to aim for the nuclear reactors ? I would tighten security around the airports as well, because they have been known to attempt to fire rockets at El Al planes on the runway if they can come close enough. It's been attempted at Schiphol in Amsterdam once.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #5
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Considering that they've just got shoulder-mounted rockets, I think that firing at the planes is more likely. Most nuclear power plants are pretty solid structures, and I think it would take more than five RPG's to damage them enough to destroy them or cause a dangerous leak of radioactive materials. Maybe a temporary close for repairs, but I doubt it would cause any sort of major destruction.

Planes, on the other hand, would be much more easily destroyed, especially since there exist guided man-portable rockets, and to the best of my knowledge, only a rare few commercial passenger planes have flares or other countermeasures.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

This is a serious threat, and as the editorial points out, is being treated as such.

Never underestimate the power of the modern day RPG, They ain't like the ones that were outsourced in the late 60's and early 70's. These are more worrisome, and pack an improved refracting cone, and wave shaper, which allows for improved penetration. The "stinger" issue was only a few, and all have been accounted for. This weapon is impossible to replicate without the technology used to build it, and I have yet to be in a third world country with that technology. However, the enemy is a very diverse and experimental people and therefore have developed weapons through/with other weapons capable of destruction of un-before achieved results. That is the scary part. If you can't shoot through it, add more explosives until you blow the whole thing to pieces!

The first attack on the WTC was conducted from within using traditional explosives. Not designed to topple, but adequate for which it accomplished it's mission, fear and terror!

Disregarding the US target, why Australia?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
All allies are fair game as far as they are concerned. Hell, not even France and Germany are safe, and they weren't even part of the coalition.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:

Disregarding the US target, why Australia?
Errrr hope it has not passed your notice Felix that the Australians are fighting with you in Iraq. And the fact that the worlds largest Muslim nation is our closest neighbor and just a few years ago we invaded that country and annexed an area called east Timor and helped set up a brand new christian country. That sort of behavior tends to piss of many muslims.

The nuclear reactor was not a power station but a smaller research facility.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

http://www.ag.gov.au/agd/www/Attorne...7?OpenDocument

If you follow this link, you can see that as a result of Australia's involvement in what happened in East Timor, Osama Bin Laden has directly called them "crusaders" and called for vengeance against them.

Mind you, calling East Timor a "brand new Christian country" is a bit wrong on several levels. First off, East Timor had some level of semi-independent existence as a Portugese colony before Indonesia(With the support of the West, I might add.) invaded. They had to spend a while struggling for their freedom before anyone cared enough to help them. So they're not exactly a completely new invention, just a fresh incarnation of an old thing. Secondly, they're not exactly a Christian country. Sure, Roman Catholicism would appear to be their majority religion, but from what I could dig up on a quick search, their government appears about as secular as most of the West.

Just another Secular Democracy.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Semi independent (at best) is not independent so yes it is a NEW country, brand shiny new. (With massive oil reserves just of the coast as well ... fancy that!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Just another Secular Democracy? Well the USA is supposed to be a secular country just like Australia but you try and get some brainwashed muslim fruitcake to buy into the concept that they are not christian countries but secular...

Therefore the insult that a part of Indonesia has now been made a new independent christian country is just more fuel to these muslim freaks bonfire of hate.