Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Letter

On Friday some kid in Grade 8 ran down my Mom on one of those three wheelers (Trikes) as her and her friends were walking. Then fled the scene, he missed her the first time and came around again. He was one that had previously been driven out of my parents yard so he had a vendetta against her. She only had a bruised leg so was very lucky she wasn't killed. She was also lucky a snowmobile came by a little later to give her a ride out of the woods as she could not walk. The police report has been filed but I am not sure if anything can be done as he is a minor, he is not even old enough to legally drive those things. I guess they could always sue the parents for being idiots and giving the thing to him for Xmas. I am so glad I am on the other side of the country as I would be in jail right now. I would have went to the kids home and would have probably wrapped my hands around his bloody throat and squeezed until his esophagus broke.

Then yesterday my finances brother was over for super and took his two rottweilers with him. Usually he leaves one at home. When he got back, his computer, DVD player had been stolen. He must have come home as they were there because the TV, and a bunch of other valuables were still there so they didn't do a complete job. He phoned 911 and they said that wasn't an emergency, and the police showed up an hour later. By than I had done most of there work at questioning the neighbors. I pinned the time between 7pm and 8pm. Because a couple of the neighbors were in the back until 7 were they would have say them and the soon to be in-law got home at 8pm. Also explains why they only ended up with a few items. Funny thing is the crime unit that shows up after for finger prints was like so busy as several houses and garages had been hit in the area.

[ 01-12-2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
pritchke

Letter

So what do you think the kid that ran my mother down will get for Hit & Run?

Most likely a slap on the wrist because he is still considered a minor (age 13). I don't care that he is a minor he did it becasue my Mom kicked him out of her yard as revenge. He should at least have his trike taken away but he is likely to only get a warning maybe some community service, while my mother becomes scared to go for walks anymore.

[ 01-12-2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I think the kid will get a warning, nothing else.

About that burglary, at least the police showed up. When i called in a burglary once, they said i had to come downtown myself, because they were to occupied with other stuff.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I think the kid will get a warning, nothing else.

About that burglary, at least the police showed up. When i called in a burglary once, they said i had to come downtown myself, because they were to occupied with other stuff.
Yes, those donuts don't eat themselves...

BTW Pritchke, I'm glad your mom made it without any serious damage.

[ 01-12-2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 01-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
pritchke

Thanks Stratos, she was very lucky considering what could have happened.

[ 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
On Friday some kid in Grade 8 ran down my Mom on one of those three wheelers (Trikes) as her and her friends were walking. Then fled the scene, he missed her the first time and came around again. He was one that had previously been driven out of my parents yard so he had a vendetta against her.
Considering he did it deliberatly, I think he may just get more than a slap on the wrist.

Sorry to hear about your mother though pritchke, I don't doubt your anger towards him at all. Glad to hear your mom is alright, anything with wheels and a motor is a dangerous thing in my opinion.

As for the breaking into houses, I've had that happen... nearly. I used to live in a neighborhood by the highway (it was almost literally my backyard) and when I started to leave to go someplace with no one in the house, I'd always come back and find the stuff on my porch all out of place. Neighbors told me someone was taking a peek inside, trying to get in, but being as ignorant as they were, it never occured to them to call the police. Eventually stopped after awhile, thank God.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:52 PM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Dude that's so not fair if he gets a warning. I had a friend who got in trouble for something similiar and he's 14 and he got community service! I say this kid needs the three wheeler taken away and sent to boot camp and then a behavioural institute.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #8
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

For kicking him out of HER yard?
I would be so angry with him, i would find him and... well yeah probably get put in jail, but it would be worth it, well maby not, but i agree he does need to be taught some kind of lesson and not just a warning.

Anyway i hope your mother fully recovers, and i hope this kid does get in trouble

Wow that's a shame about your friend getting burgled, we were burgled a while back and i understand what it is like.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:24 AM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Sorry to hear about your mom pritchke, glad to hear she was not seriously hurt. I'd suggest next time she goes for a walk to have a shotgun loaded with rock salt. That should deter the pest